• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Space Dandy, Dimension W, Overlord, Boy & the Beast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueCatMage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
This is seriously a disappointing selection compared to the Viz's announcement yesterday. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Overlord and Corpse Party. *sigh* Wonder if tomorrow's announcement will be any better?
einhorn303

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Dimension W has been on my radar for a while, so I'm glad to see it licensed.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Even if the Space Dandy manga debuted a few weeks before the anime (likely to promote/tie-in), the manga still was technically released first.

Just for once, I wish to know the name of an anime where it was released first followed by the manga and this is a reverse filler-complaint. That is, reverse the complaints people have of an anime having filler and apply to where the manga isn't following the anime more faithfully.
Would Blood-C count then? I hadn't fully read the manga yet (so I don't fully know how faithful it is to the series or movie) but I believe it came out after the anime had already premiered?
Ali07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:04 am Reply with quote
Scumbag Loser sounds kind of interesting. Though, I'm not a big horror fan, and I'm unsure how far into the horror realm this one delves into. It's also a short series, being 3 volumes long.

Dimension W and Overlord are two that I may decide to get, after checking out their anime adaptions (yep, yet to see Overlord). Both, on paper, are the type of series I like to read.

I may keep my eye on Psycome. Feel there might be more to that series, due to its LN getting licensed.

After the license pick ups in recent months, I've got some stuff I've wanted for awhile (SNAFU and Yona being a couple). Now, I'd like to see the Rokka novels and Dungeon Meshi picked up. I really enjoyed the Rokka anime, and really want to see what happens after the story told in it.

As for Dungeon Meshi, just the fact that they end up cooking what they kill in the dungeon interests me. Laughing
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Here I am praying for an eventual release of the manga adaptation of "Polar Bear Cafe" state side.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:42 pm Reply with quote
"Scumbag Loser" Now that's a title!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Selipse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Psycome caught my eye when I saw it getting a fan translation some time ago. I guess I'll give it a try when it's officially released.

I didn't really like Overlord, but I'm glad it got picked up. More light novels is always better, and it's great that they're getting licensed quickly. I would've preferred Rokka, though. I hope they didn't get scared with the Japanese sales like someone said, and maybe they can get it later on.

Now I just hope these actually get released. I haven't seen any info on Oregairu on the yenpress website, or anywhere for that matter, and that got licensed quite a while ago. Not to mention that Mahouka got a big delay.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see Overlord coming over so soon. I'll definitely pick that one up. I know from reading on here that there's a lot more details in the LNs, but does anyone know around where the anime leaves off?
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
Selipse wrote:
Now I just hope these actually get released. I haven't seen any info on Oregairu on the yenpress website, or anywhere for that matter, and that got licensed quite a while ago.

All that was said on that one was 2016. Personally, I wouldn't expect to see it actually released until next June/July, as the majority of announcements from companies like Yen are usually around 9-12 months ahead of the actual release of a title.

Hell, Yona of the Dawn was announced by Viz on the weekend, that one isn't coming out until August 2016.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:45 pm Reply with quote
I miss Space Dandy. Crying or Very sad

I'm not familiar with the Dimension W manga, but the art makes it look pretty interesting. Maybe I'll check it out sometime down the line.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Didn't Space Dandy trade almost ENTIRELY on its animation team (ie. the staff that worked on the anime)? I will honestly be shocked if the manga for that does any appreciable business.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2