• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Hayate the Combat Butler GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:38 am Reply with quote
Interesting review, it makes me want to check this title out. I've heard about it before and others have said good things as well. Once again, Key really hits all the important points.

Review wrote:
Character designs are also typical, although Hayate comes off looking cutesy and almost girly and Nagi is occasionally drawn in dress and poses with lolicon leanings, especially on some of the Episode opening pages.
Just to confirm, the characters on the cover are Hayate in the background and Nagi in the foreground, right? From what I can see, I think Hayate might actually be cuter than Nagi. Shocked

Review wrote:
and a Bad Ending page at the end.
What exactly is this?
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 am Reply with quote
I've been looking for a comedic series to keep me entertained until the second volume of Vampire Doll is released and this review convinced me to try this one out.
Key

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:15 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Just to confirm, the characters on the cover are Hayate in the background and Nagi in the foreground, right? From what I can see, I think Hayate might actually be cuter than Nagi. Shocked

Review wrote:
and a Bad Ending page at the end.
What exactly is this?

Think of it as a "What If. . .?" scenario.

Yes, Hayate is in the background on the cover. And that cuteness is a plot point, so to speak. (It comes up in a big way in the cosplay Episode.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:35 am Reply with quote
Hayate the Combat Butler really surprised me in just how much fun it was. It's a bit goofy at times, but I think its heart is the right place. I look forward to seeing how the series progresses, but I'm just glad I'm not the only person who would give it a shining review.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote
You should pick up Hayate the Combat Butler, I believe it's going to be one of those romantic/comedy/bit of fanservice series just like Midori Days.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1