• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation's Evangelion: 3.33 Blu-ray/DVD Slated for February 2, 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreshIngredient

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
*HELL FREEZES OVER*
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
Does Rightstuf even remember I pre-ordered this like 3 years ago? Rolling Eyes
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
shamisen the great wrote:
So how may posts do you think we'll get before penguintruth says again how awful he thinks this movie is.

I wish it had come out long ago, but I am happy to finally see a firm release date. Hopefully my rightstuf preorder is still active.

Not as many as it took for you to come off as a condescending troll. Which is worse?
bones2039

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
If this happens, it just going to be strange to no longer having it sitting in my pre-order list.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:40 am Reply with quote
At least it is getting a release compared to other licenses that were supposed to get a release here (Viz's Zoid Genesis was supposed to be released in '08 but never did) but didn't.
endallchaos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:41 pm Reply with quote
awesome!

Now, what I'm wondering, and have asked a bunch of times is; When is Terror in Resonance going to be released? Was it delayed? I haven't heard any news on it since last year.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Deadwing wrote:
The last time I remember something being delayed this long was when it took ADV nearly three years to release Kurau Phantom Memory; they announced they licensed it in July 2004 but didn't release the first DVD until April 2007.
Funimation already has that beat with Pretear, which they licensed in February 2012 and still have no release planned for. And of course, it was already subbed and dubbed ages ago by ADV. Sentai's Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb also beats it, with the license being announced in September 2012 and release coming in November of this year.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
So how may posts do you think we'll get before penguintruth says again how awful he thinks this movie is.

I wish it had come out long ago, but I am happy to finally see a firm release date. Hopefully my rightstuf preorder is still active.

Not as many as it took for you to come off as a condescending troll. Which is worse?

In fairness, it is kind of my rap about this movie. It might be the most devastatingly disappointing anime movies I've ever seen. After the great build up of the first two Rebuild movies, the third one completely derails the momentum.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:

Wow. I was just making a little joke. I usually try to make my posts innocuous and inoffensive (perhaps boring as well). Sorry if I came off harsher than I meant.
SUPER_METR0lD

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
I'll believe it when I see it! Laughing
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:

Hello Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. I do believe I already said once to stay on topic. Let me go back a page...yup I sure did. And Penguin I have allowed your second post to be fair, but no soapboxing. Now everyone let's play nice shall we?
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Well, I for one can't wait to read these Khara subtitles. After hearing the Engrish in the first two films, I think Khara mandating that they handle the English is a godsend. They've clearly shown a mastery of the language. Certainly moreso than Funi.

Were the Funisubs bad?
Covnam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to agree with others here, I'll believe it when I hold it in my hands. Still, at least this is progressive news.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote
BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
"We've done some market research, and it turns out you don't need box art. Just put the word 'Evangelion' somewhere on the package and people will buy it... what, the color? Blue, I guess."

Blame Japan for that one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Does Rightstuf even remember I pre-ordered this like 3 years ago? Rolling Eyes

I ended up canceling my pre-order after a few months because I didn't want the order sitting open when I was going to be moving out of state before we got any kind of update. Turns out that I ended up moving a second time before this update. The last time I moved with an open pre-order, the DVD was forwarded to me and I ended up having to pay postage on what would have been free shipping. At the time, you couldn't update the shipping address on open orders, so it was easiest to just cancel and wait for a new release date.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4