• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: TRSI Announces To Heart

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:

Seriously, would it be a good idea for someone who has never seen Comic Party to get To Heart or should I pick up the party before hand? Also, are the two series connected in any way or are the references just of the in-joke variety? I'm picking this title up on faith and a general interest in the genre; I've never actually seen any of it.

All references to To Heart in Comic Party are of the "in-joke" variety, but To Heart (1999) actually came out BEFORE CP (2001) in Japan, so by seeing it first you aren't missing anything at all.

Most of teh To Heart references I can remember are mostly just characters from it appearing in the background and things like that....not even jokes you'd miss or anything like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:01 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
All references to To Heart in Comic Party are of the "in-joke" variety, but To Heart (1999) actually came out BEFORE CP (2001) in Japan, so by seeing it first you aren't missing anything at all.
Okay, thanks for the information. I'll probably end up getting Comic Party eventually, given the things I've heard about it, but my credit card and wallet are already starting to glare at me over purchasing things that are just coming out, like Shana and FMP!: TSR.

And then there are those PVCs and manga. . . .

Why does all of it have to be so darn good? Wink
omar235

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
jgreen wrote:
Okay, thanks for the information. I'll probably end up getting Comic Party eventually, given the things I've heard about it, but my credit card and wallet are already starting to glare at me over purchasing things that are just coming out, like Shana and FMP!: TSR.

And then there are those PVCs and manga. . . .

Why does all of it have to be so darn good? Wink

I just don't know why Very Happy looks like I will be going hungary again to get a hold of Shana and To Heart amoung other things. *sigh* Laughing I might as well add comic party to.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:19 am Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Did ADV ever release the 3rd volume of the manga? I've only ever found the first two....

yeah its out. good stuff. i like the ending.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2