• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Konami Denies Report of Hideo Kojima Leaving Company

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
jdnation wrote:

The whole FOB thing in MGSV certainly could've been done on Mobile, in fact they've shoehorned mobile stuff into the console game which is irritating players.

The mobile stuff amounts to having a map and little else Konami couldn't get that aspect of the game right.

jdnation wrote:

Konami could've even sold off the console division to a Chinese firm or something

I'd sooner trust a Chinese firm with SNK's ips then I'd trust them with Konami's ips.........

Oooops.

jdnation wrote:

by giving them their own autonomy while maintaining IP control, or sought to make the console division act and run themselves independently with them as publisher,

Things like this are how you wind up with The Zelda Trilogy for the CD-i or X-Men Destiny.

In other words giving developers a huge degree of independence sounds like a good idea on paper but very rarely will it not lead to something bad or something that'll be a flop hence why you see very few publisher's signing off it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3