• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[SOLVED] Settings reverted to default in Preferences (Forum settings)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bunalz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
Dear staff and members,

I wanted to change some of the settings there (notify on PM, disable smilies, timezone, and date format). But, no matter what, the settings just won't save at all.

I've tried searching any related topics on this but failed (the closest is this). So here I am posting this topic.

Is it just my account?

Last edited by bunalz on Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:45 am Reply with quote
After clicking save, are you taken to a page saying "Your profile has been updated"?

Have you tried using a different browser or trying in incognito/private mode (to temporarily disable extensions)? It seems to be working normally for me at the moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
bunalz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
It's working now, and I'm able to change them at will. Must have been a server delay or something. (Don't quote me, though, as I'm clueless regarding web's inner workings)

Shiroi Hane wrote:
After clicking save, are you taken to a page saying "Your profile has been updated"?

Yes, but it was still the same (each time).

Quote:
Have you tried using a different browser or trying in incognito/private mode (to temporarily disable extensions)?

Chrome (adblocker) and Firefox (no extensions running); same results.

Quote:
It seems to be working normally for me at the moment.

The last time I tried was an hour after my post, without any change. So, it might be working if I checked at your posting time.

Please excuse me for the unnecessary quotations after it has been solved. :P
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1