• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Thunderbolt Manga Gets Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm hoping for a monthly high-budget OVA release over a TV series. But they don't need to go so overboard that we wait half a year between episodes like for Unicorn or Origin.

I wouldn't mind a high-budget series like Unicorn. It'd make for a hell of a series.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I hope it's not indicative of Iron-Blooded Orphans not doing as well as they had hoped. But I'm looking forward to it, nonetheless.

unfortunately that might be the case. they have a tendency of releasing a gundam series whether its TV or OVA in the Universal Century era when another gundam series that is a completely new timeline completely bombs(though luckily for them standalone series like Wing, SEED & 00 were popular enough that there werent a need to do that).

I mean think about it.it was no coincidence that Unicorn got the green light considering how bad AGE and the other series were doing.

though i haven't seen the numbers for iron blooded orphans to know this is the case here. but considering that first is the Origin OVAs of Char & his sister, and now the thunderbolt manga is getting an anime version definitely MIGHT BE A sign that iron blooded orphans isnt clicking with the die hard gundam fanatics.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
the-antihero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
Iron-Blooded Orphans imo is quite interesting and it's doing everything right so far, but already there's some people raising their fists in the air even before it's story can get into high gear.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:43 am Reply with quote
amagee wrote:
but one thing that is always going against Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam is that it is definitely unofficial right now.

I must have missed something. Why is crossbone unofficial right now?
dark13

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:07 am Reply with quote
jr240483 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:
I hope it's not indicative of Iron-Blooded Orphans not doing as well as they had hoped. But I'm looking forward to it, nonetheless.

unfortunately that might be the case. they have a tendency of releasing a gundam series whether its TV or OVA in the Universal Century era when another gundam series that is a completely new timeline completely bombs(though luckily for them standalone series like Wing, SEED & 00 were popular enough that there werent a need to do that).

I mean think about it.it was no coincidence that Unicorn got the green light considering how bad AGE and the other series were doing.

though i haven't seen the numbers for iron blooded orphans to know this is the case here. but considering that first is the Origin OVAs of Char & his sister, and now the thunderbolt manga is getting an anime version definitely MIGHT BE A sign that iron blooded orphans isnt clicking with the die hard gundam fanatics.
I find this comment VERY HARD to believe and the key word is HARD to believe since the first episode of origin came out at the same time as build fighters and that was positively well received ( plus I bean hearing nothing but good thing about Iron blooded Orphans in japan ) so that not the case here more then likely this just a side Ova with no real importance
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3