• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film Opening on April 23

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
...ok what

how do they keep coming up with reasons to make sequels of this era of yugioh when it ended so long ago? oh whatever as long as i get to see joey do some stupid shi* i'll watch it. In all seriousness does kiba EVER get tired of getting his ass kicked? i mean all he does is cram stronger cards in his deck after he loses and repeats the process. He should just stop being a prick and making such a big deal outta losing and just be friends with yugioh already Anime hyper

and if this is supposed to take place after the manga why is Yami yugi spoiler[atem]involved? i thought he spoiler[joined his dead buddies in the afterlife]?

Exactly. I really dont see that point of that storyline of the series continuing. especially if you consider the 1st and final season of its sequel when its apparent that yugi have made Judai his successor.

And speaking of GX, in that poster the other guy who is the apparent enemy of yugi and kaiba looks a lot like Johan from the GX series. what's up with that? this is looking more and more like a massive mess in the making , and even more worse than that first US movie which is saying a lot considering that movie was atrocious as hell.

ReNellGlover wrote:
I wouldn't get my hopes up on this film getting any kind of U.S. release; 4K Media failed to get a U.S. TV network to air Arc-V (and NO U.S. TV network wants a dying anime franchise like this one anymore), and I'm not sure if any U.S. theater would even want to show this movie.

My sentiments exactly. sure they did show all of the Zexal episodes and didn't do any skipping like with GX & 5D's , but its pretty obvious that this series is DOA (Dead on Arrival) in the US all due to the horrifying edits and censorships from 4kids/4k media. hell, not even disney xd wants to even touch it. that is how bad it is for this series in the US. so they (4k media & konami) only have really one option here. either show the movie completely UNCUT and UNEDITED or keep the movie region locked cause those fansubbers groups will be all over it if its another hack job.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2