• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nozomi Entertainment Licenses Magic User's Club Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Magic User's Club was one of the shows I got into while I (and the industry) was transitioning from VHS to DVD so I've got the first three parts on VHS and the rest on DVD. At the time VHS was cheaper than DVD and there wasn't always a huge difference in quality, especially for anime so that was pretty common back in the day. I'm not sure if I would buy this again, but if it gets streamed I'll definitely watch it again.

I don't know about anyone else, but I still get the opening theme stuck in my head to this day.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow this is a surprise. I never would have seen this get revived again. I do have to admit I love the OP. Didn't know that Junichi Sato was involved now that I know him.
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
I had long given up hope that this show would ever get a license rescue. I hope Nozomi can make this show look as good as the Utena boxes.

Still have all 7 of Media Blaster's DVDs, though the PQ is simply not good by today's standards.

And now, the OP is going to be stuck in my head all day...
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo! A fantastic series for sure! Depending on what they do with their release, I may double dip for this myself (and probably regift my other set, which was well worth the $40 I paid for it from shawnek on Amazon many years back), but since it's so out of print and needs more love, it's a great license rescue for sure!

And man, Ikuko Ito! Kept watching it thinking "yay, Princess Tutu!"
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
animefan1238 wrote:
I might have to watch it over winter break for old time sake.

I did just recently with my new wife who'd never seen it before. I think it holds up rather well for show that's almost 20 years old!
NJ_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
Ouran High School Dropout wrote:
I had long given up hope that this show would ever get a license rescue. I hope Nozomi can make this show look as good as the Utena boxes.

Still have all 7 of Media Blaster's DVDs, though the PQ is simply not good by today's standards.

Yeah and in addition to that, it was reported elsewhere that the old DVDs had issues such as hardsubbed signs & mono audio (not too surprising for the latter) so this new set should be much better than those discs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2