• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toonami Asia to Run Dragon Ball Super in English in Mid-2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Purple. Many official dubs air in Asia, particularly the Philippines, the 2nd largest English speaking country and Singapore, a country were 30% of the Chinese population are native English speakers. Gundam SEED Destiny's dub aired there before it aired in Canada. Gundam 00's dub aired in Cartoon Network. It was edited, but it was aired.

I think official English dubs are popular in those countries but they can't buy them since companies don't distribute there.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
It's also important to note that it might not work for them to air it. That's why I think Toonami Asia should say that they hope to air it. Also, the dub might become one of those cheap Asian English dubs.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
A lot of manga that never reached a primary English speaking country as Wangan Midnight managed to get a full English translations outside of the US too. The world of distribution is truly strange...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VigorousJammer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Seems like the Asian English dub isn't terrible this time around. It's apparently being produced by Bang Zoom Productions in Los Angeles, and they have a few previews up on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/d0rkCj71WcU

https://youtu.be/uDlwUq6BPHM

I don't know about you guys, but to me, this sounds pretty good. It seems more akin to the Ocean Group dub than those old "Saya-people" or "big green" dubs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3