• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Attack on Titan: Junior High's Broadcast Dub Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEO9875

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:01 am Reply with quote
Awesome my man Bryce is coming back. Hope he gets a chance to voice Eren in the aot ps4 game
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Super excited. I just recently watched Attack on Titan last week and it was absolutely amazing what a phenomenal dub as well.

Really glad to see they got everyone back and look forward to purchasing and watching this when the blurays release. Super excited for season 2 as well Anime smile
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:26 am Reply with quote
Fantastic I was worried that Funimation wouldn't be able to get everyone back to rephrase there roles but this puts my mind at ease. Very Happy
TheMorry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:08 am Reply with quote
I guess Todd will record Bryce stuff in LA and sends it to Funi lol.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
I guess Todd will record Bryce stuff in LA and sends it to Funi lol.

I would guess so, too, along with the other LA folks. He already served as ADR director for The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki a little while back, and he has helped out on things like Fairy Tail when there weren't enough lines to justify an LA actor making a trip to Dallas. It's pretty much a necessity for something like this since broadcast dubs require that actors be available each week, and it would be awfully difficult and costly for someone to stay in another city for a few months just for one show.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:29 am Reply with quote
While I'm glad AoT: Junior High made the dub cut, I'm a little disappointed that the shows I'm watching didn't:

K: Return of Kings
One Punch Man
The Perfect Insider
Young Black Jack

Maybe they'll get dubbed later. Neutral
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:
While I'm glad AoT: Junior High made the dub cut, I'm a little disappointed that the shows I'm watching didn't:

K: Return of Kings
One Punch Man
The Perfect Insider
Young Black Jack

Maybe they'll get dubbed later. Neutral

The first two were licensed by Viz, so they'll definitely be dubbed later.

The second two are licensed by Sentai, so there's a 50/50 chance depending on how well their streaming numbers are.
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I wish Japan would quit wasting our time with this god-awful unfunny spinoff and just get back to the real show. I am sure I will get flamed for this, but in my opinion taking a great show and dropping it into a high school for laughs is just so unbelievably unoriginal. That, plus it just has not been funny at all.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:34 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
Awesome my man Bryce is coming back. Hope he gets a chance to voice Eren in the aot ps4 game

Koei-Tecom rarely dubs their Warriors games these days,so don't have much high hopes.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
CaptainAvatar wrote:
I wish Japan would quit wasting our time with this god-awful unfunny spinoff and just get back to the real show. I am sure I will get flamed for this, but in my opinion taking a great show and dropping it into a high school for laughs is just so unbelievably unoriginal. That, plus it just has not been funny at all.

I'm not an expert but my best guess is I'm sure they are hard at work on making season 2 as they have already announced its coming, since AoT is extremely popular this show is probably to keep interest and give the fans a little something to hold them off while S2 is being made.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:29 am Reply with quote
I thought that there was a chance that Bryce wouldn't return as Eren in this since he became a father of a newborn girl almost 2 months ago.
sim0n2170

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:36 pm Reply with quote
CaptainAvatar wrote:
I hope you do know that this spin-off was to just give the fans something to watch until season 2. This was not the reason season 2 was delayed by any means.
Spin-off = Production I.G
Main Series = Wit Studio (Season 2 announced in 2014 at the premiere of the first compilation movie and is in pre-production)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1