• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dagashi Kashi Season (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote

Dagashi Kashi (TV)
Dagashi Kashi (TV2) (discussion starts here)

Genres: comedy, romance, slice of life
Themes: café, dagashi, ecchi, fanservice, gothic lolita

Plot Summary: Kokonotsu Shikada does not want to inherit his family's rural candy store as his father wishes. A girl named Hotaru, who's crazy about small-time candy stores, appears at the store and repeatedly visits in order to convince him to take it over.
----------------------------------

I think this might be a shorter show than some but the comedy contains some fun comedy associated with food. Hotaru is also amusing character so I think the show will inspire some fun for the Winter Season Very Happy

Last edited by Stark700 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 1:

has my attention for best girl so far of the season. Yes, the show is about candy and dagashi but I'm forgetting that often because of her in this show.

The fan service as well lol
Also this is a full length series despite how short the chapters are. Fun stuff!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Wow, she is kind of crazy, but it also makes her a lot of fun. Kokonatsu's father was the same.

Trying to guess what his father might be famous for. My guess is that he might have supposedly made a famous character for a sweets company, which is why he was able to give such critique on the manga he was making.

Anyway, I am reminded of a couple series: Ushio to Tora because their style feel kind of retro, but I like it more. And for some reason I am reminded of No-Rin.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
The show looks cheap as hell, but that really doesn't matter when the subject matter, characters, rural setting, and eyes are gonna keep me here.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:22 am Reply with quote
Mangaka boy meets his dream girl LOL
And let the weirdness begin..
That girl sure brought in mess with her arrival.
Still, didn't peak my interest.
Skipping it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Idk why but I'm starting to like Saya a lot too in this show, just as much as Hotaru.

Episode 2:

Ah, Hotaru getting drunk. Hotaru with glasses while acting as a professor about dagashi. As usual this show has a lot of fun with itself. And the teasing too...she seems to be self aware of her body somewhat Wink
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Liked episode 1. Funny development with the coffee shop, the coffee girl has the hots for the manga boy but he's one of those girls who doesn't realize he's got it pretty good if he just realized this girl's feelings.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
From my experience, the guy being oblivious is fairly realistic. What isn't is her feelings for him. In real life it is very hard to be romantic about someone you grew up with. Usually you just see the person, not a potential partner. It usually takes a long separation before childhood friends can get interested in each other.

The new girl/guy is always more interesting than the hottie in the next seat.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
The third OP theme song (and final version) is out now! Looks great imo with the star wars gags, parodies, etc.

We also got a new Alice in Wonderland theme ED song too!
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:47 pm Reply with quote
episode three

I wonder if we'll ever get any explanation as to why Hotaru is so obsessed with bringing You back to her company or if this is just meant as a comedic mystery to create the setup for the show.

Really liking the completed OP & new ED. What we had before was a little cringe-inducing. Though, I thought it was kind of fitting that a show about cheap snacks had such cheap intros and outros.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Another priceless episode. Very funny!

The Dagashi duel had a lewd feeling to it with the way Hotaru was fed with lmao. And oh Saya, she had the yandere look after seeing the notebook. I think Hotaru looked cute with the ponytail style hair.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote
I don't think eating candy for the purpose of running another 300 metres is a good idea.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
^
When you live perpetually on the verge of starvation, you can't be picky about where you get your calories.

Speaking of calories, I can't help but think about how overweight Hotaru should be with her insane candy habits.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:10 pm Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
Speaking of calories, I can't help but think about how overweight Hotaru should be with her insane candy habits.

She must have a metabolism that rivals that of even Umaru-chan herself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:46 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

LOL, this episode was priceless. I felt bad for Hotaru because of her bad luck though. Can't be helped.

Not much Saya this week but that's ok. We got Hotaru and her lectures. Also, Kokonotsu's dad in this show is awesome. Yo Yo yo~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5