• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dagashi Kashi Season (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Well she went from seeing the obviously poop inspired candy as eggs instead, and then unashamedly talking about breasts (oppai).

Damn, how does she stay that thin with a continuous intake of candy?
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Damn, how does she stay that thin with a continuous intake of candy?

She's hyper.

But there are consequences, as Saya tried to point out that's why she got the sore in her mouth.

Just one question -- did we see Hotaru have an orgasm there?
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:56 pm Reply with quote
episode nine

After a few episodes of relatively minimal sexualization of Hotaru, I see they decided to make up for lost time in this one. Her deciding to add the little "squish squish" after introducing the boob ice cream was probably my favorite little touch in the episode. It screams Hotaru.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:03 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

I forget that mouth ulcers can be rather painful if they grow when eating. Experienced it before and it's not pleasant tbh.

Poor Hotaru, I just want to give her a hug this episode. At least she was able to work out something with dagashi. Psychologically..? I think she broke a few times lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:54 pm Reply with quote
After being so worried about her and thinking she has done well, they find that in some ways she is a total lost cause.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
episode ten

An mouth ulcer is pretty amusing thing to turn into a multi-episode arc. At this point, I'm almost expecting them to end up devoting another whole episode to Hotaru's recovery now that they seem to have finally gotten her to a dagashi-free state. An episode culminating, of course, in the release of the new Baby-Star Ramen flavor she's waiting for.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
HelloBucket wrote:
now that they seem to have finally gotten her to a dagashi-free state.

Except that spoiler[ they didn't]. Hotaru's delusion was revealed at the end and it was that spoiler[more candy is her remedy.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:08 pm Reply with quote
That face looked more like an abscessed tooth than an ulcer, which I'm surprised she hasn't developed by now. I don't think it's the candy, per se, that would ulcerate her mouth though, but the kinds of candies she eats - pop rocks and abrasive candies with sharp edges to them (even Jolly Rancher types develop such as you suck on them). That yogurt stuff would probably have been ok for her, despite its mild acidity.

Unless she has a specific sensitivity. I love hot cinnamon candies, but if I eat more than a few pellets, my mouth just explodes in ulcers. Likewise cinnamon-flavored toothpaste. Fortunately I can still eat cinnamon pastries without this problem, but anything cinnamon that's even slightly abrasive is nuclear for me.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Ha, was Coconuts thinking "sucking" really meant that he would have his way with Hotaru?

Funny episode. I think the show is focusing a bit too much on Saya's past though. But in the meantime, I liked how the show keeps You relevant. Lol, must of felt stuffy in that box with Saya, Hotaru, and Coconuts altogether inside....

One more episode left.
Wonder what sort of Dagshi will be revealed in the finale.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Totally did not know that ramune is connected to lemonade as said by the names being similar.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Ha, was Coconuts thinking "sucking" really meant that he would have his way with Hotaru?

If there was ever a girl who wouldn't say no to him if he asked or made a move I think it would be Hotaru. Saya is close second.

But what does have to be such an anime-male dolt? First he blows the indirect kiss, then he fails to get on the train they waited an hour for just because he is so effing dumfounded by the universe or something.

Last edited by HaruhiToy on Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:44 am Reply with quote
^ Yeah, as someone who wants to leap into traffic in frustration every time I just miss a bus or train, that was unfathomable to me. Cerberus would have to be guarding the door to keep me from getting on a train I'd been waiting an hour for. Even then, I'd put up a fight.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Lol goddamn! That girl was little diva Anime hyper cold as ice.

Favorite part was the contrast between Coco's pouncing face and his perfectly composed voice asking for clarification. Glad we got to explore more of Hotaru's actual self. She pretty much told Coco that his reluctance has greatly inconvenienced her normal life, but she says it in a way that hints the change is something she's thankful for. We've gotten several subtle indications that Hotaru's eccentric personality has left her with little to no friends (or, maybe lack of friendship resulted in her personality, like an overcompensation). Regardless of how much she's enjoying her time with Coco and Saya, however, she understands that it's simply a short-lived escape, and that she'll soon need to return to her normal life.

It's because I feel this way that I don't really mind being constantly bombarded with Coco and Saya's childhood memories. I think it's being made clear that if any of these teens are going to pair up in the end, it's going to be Saya and Coco, and that Hotaru is just there to grow as a person.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
If there was ever a girl who wouldn't say no to him if he asked or made a move I think it would be Hotaru. Saya is close second.

Sure, but for Coconuts to not immediately think, "This is Hotaru. This has to be dagashi related." is pretty impressive. It's like he's learned nothing this entire time. He really got ahead of himself there.

That whole train thing didn't really work. I get the idea of them going their separate ways for the time being but didn't Kokonatsu also need to get on the train to go buy something? The poor guy is having his day ruined by visual metaphors.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

But shy does he have to be such an anime-male dolt? First he blows the indirect kiss, then he fails to get on the train they waited an hour for just because he is so effing dumfounded by the universe or something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5