• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
AOKANA: Four Rhythm Across the Blue (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 am Reply with quote
Good to see a more pleasant side to Shindou.

Sometimes during the matches, he looks evil. Anime hyper
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:38 am Reply with quote
Apparently there are secret plays to the sport specifically made to play off psychologically messing with the opponent, kind of destroying them, and its the teacher's shame that she stumbled upon it. If such a thing could destroy the sport, then there was obviously something wrong with it in the first place.

Just as Misaki starts to believe that she almost won her own match, she sees that Asuka has a better eye than her in seeing what is happening in a match that should kind of shock them. While Misaki is scared and put off by it, Asuka is nothing but excited about the whole thing, there is a clear divide between the two of them.

Misaki decided to quit, and really it is her decision if that is what she wants. But really she is in a bad place when comparing herself to some other people, and maybe not thinking that she really did have fun with it, and people there. It is a nice sports plot point, kind of reminding me of something that popped up in Haikyuu a little while back.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
Is this show really only one cour?

They haven't done that much with characters; it's been all about the matches until now..... :/
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
They're sure doing a lot with Misaki right now.

She was beginning to be okay with her loss for a moment there. After all, if you lost against the best, that's still pretty good, right? But then it turns out he's not the best so that just makes you look worse. Added to that, seeing Asuka be all positive about it makes her feel even more terrible about her understandable frustration. "Look how happy she is, but I'm feeling bad... So I must be the one with a problem."

Shindou is absolutely right that if you stop enjoying something it's time to quit. The others have no right to stop Misaki if that's the case, but it probably isn't.

Also, what the heck? A beach episode is where you're supposed to put in a lot of budget!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Oh Misaki...I guess she really did quit but I have a feeling that it's more than just about losing interest/fun of competing. Asuka vs Saki...heh. I guess it was obvious who would win although Asuka's spirit to fight is impressive. Wasn't expecting for her to fall into the sea though. That could of been much worse than expected...

And about time we find out more about Hinata's past.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote
While Misaki is in her situation, struggling with the losing thing, Asuka accepts a match that stomps on all of her enthusiasm.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Whoa, Misaki is actually coming back. I wasn't really sold on the match from the episode but it was more about building her character again. In particular, I find that her chemistry with Asuka to be fairly close and her reason to quit originally seemed legit, at least based on her own interpretations.

Asuka's past is also cute Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I've read some people who got really mad at the way the anime is treating the main character from the novel, and the last lines from episode 9 felt like a response to that.

Oh, he was in the two girls' backstories? Who cares, we need to get these girls into some flying gear, they're the popular ones.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually rather amused by how they disregarded Masaya so openly like that.

Well I'm sure some circles are happy with the way the girls' lives don't revolve solely around feelings for the main guy. They have other priorities.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Watching little Asuka play with Masaya was the best part of this episode but it was a good one all around.

I like that her wing "hair clip" was actually a piece of his mecha toy. Don't think I've seen that done before lol.

Looks like Masaya's arc is FINALLY going to start. It's about friggin time. I don't really care about Misaki so I've been growing really impatient with this show. lol
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I kind of liked the struggle with Asuka's confidence, that she hit a hurdle that threatened to throw her back to the beginning. And the mecha thing being a source of her confidence and how she was trying to cheer herself up.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
When Masaya told his backstory, I thought it was Shindou who beat him, but looking back on it it was actually Misaki who made him quit FC. Would have been really interesting to see that reveal play out. Shame they hand waved it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Yes! Sensei taking the skies again! Now I'm really curious to see how good she is. (just a guess but probably better than any of the current competitors except perhaps Saki)

Speaking of which, Saki comes as a strange girl. I think she is influenced a bit by her coach/manager. Expecting her to compete fairly soon again especially with the way she's been practicing.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:59 pm Reply with quote
I had a feeling when Asuka said that that Mashiro did some impressive twists when she accidentally forgot to put balancing on that it was what Saki had been doing. That to get the most out of the equipment they would have to increase the sensitivity.

Feel like been waiting all season for coach and teacher to join in, that it was all kind of sudden.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:11 pm Reply with quote
You'd think that Masaya would be considerably rustier than that considering he hasn't played FC since elementary school.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5