• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Eating Well

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
The SFV Gamefaqs boards got quickly filled with complaints about the cuts/sexualisation and so on. I want the game to come out so I don't have to hear about that anymore and people can come up with more interesting things to complain about, like getting bodied by whoever ends up being top tier.

LOL very few people on Gamefaqs complain about anything remotely interesting at any given time. Most of gamefaqs forums can be summed up as people whining about this game or that game company not doing something ideal......with the occasional swipe at console owners just cause.

FalconPunch wrote:
Wow, SF fans in general in other forums are butthurt, this is not a Dead or Alive game.

Given some of the bustiness of SF female cast to say nothing of the fanservice related costumes that'll likely come down the pike you can forgive people for making such a harmless mistake Razz

Quote:

My least favorite part of Ultra Street Fighter IV is the unavoidable pre-match closeup of Cammy's butt,

Kind of a bit late to complain about special attention being paid to Cammy's ass. What next we give Sakura grief for still wearing a sailor fuku and a skirt that shows off her red panties?....oh wait people are doing that already but for different reasons.
Varkias

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:40 pm Reply with quote
I actually wonder if the change in the finisher is due to being too difficult to animate with the 3d models without seriously bad clipping issues.

"No matter what we do, their arms are halfway into each other's legs, and the ink shading is just all over the place!" "Ehh... I guess we'll have to change it, then..."
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:26 pm Reply with quote
The censorship for those shots is strange... as if that would appease, uh, you know, THEM. Confused

Anyway, the sequences for both changes happen too fast to matter either way.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
People are right, that once the game comes out, people will buy it. Even those complaining or threatening to not buy it, will eventually buy it.

But the complaining, the pulling of hair (for those that have it), and consoles flying through the air are a necessary evil. It is a clear message that there is an invisible line, a line that the game companies do not want to cross.

It is a necessary evil, because there is a war going on. A war between those who do not want you to have your fan service, and those that want to have that fan service. If there wasn't a hue an cry against the censorship, the game companies would be free to assume that the players didn't care about it and they could appease the morality crowd by censoring the Japanese games even more.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm looking forward to buying Moco Moco Friends sometime around December. The cute monsters and their adorable caretaker have gotten myself interested in it.
jree78

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:22 pm Reply with quote
infidelity: no
lol
DKL

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
When the game comes out, hardly anybody's gonna care.

I laugh because this is true.

What's mostly gone on in discussion with my FGC friends at this point is how the game feels like cross Tekken (which is bad) or how characters have stubby normals and you have to brush up against people for stuff to land.

Personally, I like the game since you have to commit to unsafe buttons (from the last time I played) since you don't have FADC crap or whatever (so when you do a wakeup invincible move, you're more or less gonna have to eat it if the opponent blocks... so you better learn to block on wakeup... that said, my friend was having a different experience where wakeup throw was eating all his meaties and I was a bit confused about that since I could barely push anything on wakeup when I was at Twitch Con playing the thing).

But yeah, even then, the game's landscape will likely change once we have the real thing. Which is cool and interesting to see develop.

All this other crap I'm not even really paying attention to, really lol

(like, I only found out about the butt slap removal or whatever on twitter and haven't given it so much thought since then)
Souther

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
^
I've not touched the game myself, but I'm seeing similar complaints over at SRK, along with:

- lowered damage/stun
- jabs being too quick and too large a hitbox
- the game being too simple
- nerfs to strong stuff from previous betas (they especially don't like what happened to Ryu haha)

..and other stuff. And yeah, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of the woodwork once the game hits the shelves.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't know what you guys are talking about (too much terminology I don't understand), but they sound gameplay-related, which WOULD be significant and a deal-breaker. Canceling a pre-order due to a tweak in the opponent's posture during one move is simple overreaction.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote
Wasn't the whole point behind V that it was supposed to be more accesible to casual players? I remember reading somewhere that the game was slower and more combo lenient in order to ensure constant hype or something like that. I think that it's a cool change of formula from IV's difficulty in linking combos. Also, I just wanted to ask anybody who played the beta for V; what are Zangief's motions? Are they still full circular motions or are they half-circles? I will lose it (laughingly, of course) if his specials utilized quarter circle motions.
Souther

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:11 am Reply with quote
@leafyseadragon: Yeah, that or your favourite char's not in the game or something like that. Oh well.

@Herald Of JOJO: Spinning Pile Driver and his super's still full circular. And IMO, I'm not worried about the game being too simple either, as long as the game is solid and fun to play, that's what matters. Besides, it's pretty frequent to discover high execution/tight timing stuff down the line in fighting games. Yeah, you're right, they said SFV was designed to be more accessible. SFIV was supposed to be more accessible as well.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Kind of a bit late to complain about special attention being paid to Cammy's ass. What next we give Sakura grief for still wearing a sailor fuku and a skirt that shows off her red panties?....oh wait people are doing that already but for different reasons.

You know, I hate to be that guy... but she doesn't show off her panties. They are the bottom to her gym buruma....
God I feel like such a perv.

I happen to find the complain over the changed rather silly. It is something that capcom feels needs to happen, I guess to hit a more general audience... And that is something that Capcom desperately needs at the moment.
That said, I can't see why they even bothered since when you consider that Street Fighter, in particular, is a colourful arrangements of stereotypes when it comes to it's characters. Not a good thing to uphold, but at this point with the series 25+ years of a VERY established patten... I can't see any motivation to change it (aside from consumers money).
nhat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
The SFV Gamefaqs boards got quickly filled with complaints about the cuts/sexualisation and so on. I want the game to come out so I don't have to hear about that anymore and people can come up with more interesting things to complain about, like getting bodied by whoever ends up being top tier.

This is the first game that I had ever known Capcom done that had user's in beta this early in development so if Capcom did their normal development, no one would have ever complained in the first place.
Issac Sarrowtail

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:

This is the first game that I had ever known Capcom done that had user's in beta this early in development so if Capcom did their normal development, no one would have ever complained in the first place.

It's not really that no-one would complain. It's that this is the kind of change that no-one would ever know about outside of those close to the development of the game.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
People should be cancelling their pre-orders because they are so often a mechanism for ripping you off, especially from a proven shady dealer like Capcom.

Anyway, cool censorship apologia as usual.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2