• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chuya-Den Kickstarter Fails to Reach US$100,000 Goal

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:24 am Reply with quote
c933103 wrote:

Does that mean you disapprove the core concept of capitalism of allocating resources or money to where it is needed by letting people investing money to places they feel needed. What alternative resource allocation method do you think would be better? No allocation at all?

This not an investment, you don't get any mone you return. Go invest in stock. Go buy some amzn or aapl or something. At least buying stock let you own part of the company. Unless I also own part of the company or futuread profit, I would never give money to people so they can make a game.

There are many scam out there, don'the just give people money blinding.

http://gizmodo.com/gofundme-is-a-great-way-to-scam-people-1681401
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I never heard of this kickstarter and I'm sad I missed it. I also think they should've advertised some more.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Does that mean you disapprove the core concept of capitalism of allocating resources or money to where it is needed by letting people investing money to places they feel needed. What alternative resource allocation method do you think would be better? No allocation at all?

This not an investment, you don't get any mone you return. Go invest in stock. Go buy some amzn or aapl or something. At least buying stock let you own part of the company. Unless I also own part of the company or futuread profit, I would never give money to people so they can make a game.

Stocks do not guarantee you'll get money in return. People lose money in stocks all the time.
partially

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:02 am Reply with quote
nemuyoake wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Especially those millionaires that need Kickstarter to fund their project.

Are they, really?

Yep, every one of them. It is a secret conspiracy... Very, very few of the people on KS are millionaires. Rolling Eyes

And those few that are, is it really a problem? Millionaires go bankrupt ALL THE TIME because of failed ventures like these. Can you blame them for wanting a bit of insurance?

I think your KS money is safer with a millionaire anyway, gives a bit of leeway when a project inevitably costs more. The starry-eyed wonder broke person that got your KS money just calls it a day and walks off. The high-profile projects from people already WITH MONEY are generally the ones more likely to succeed.
c933103

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
c933103 wrote:

There are many scam out there, don'the just give people money blinding.

http://gizmodo.com/gofundme-is-a-great-way-to-scam-people-1681401

Meaning of invest, according to dictionary.reference.com:

1. to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.

2. to use (money), as in accumulating something: to invest large sums in books.

The important part is not what you might get from it, but to use money.

The reason why you would fund in a kickstarter is not hecause you think this bid offer great value for you, but that you believe it would be better for you to have this idea realized instead of otherwise and you are paying money to help bring them to reality. Idea does not always originated from where there are money.
Blackiris_

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
The whole concept of crowdfunding is that people without money get money without having to do what a publisher or production commitee etc. tells you to do. Creative freedom, in other words.

What you receive is, in the end, the completed work (if everything goes well). I don't need more than that. I do this kind of thing more out of support, not because I want to gain financially from it. It also leads to a more direct communication between creators and fans, and many indies and campaigns like the Eve no Jikan Blu-ray have proven that this can be a great benefit for everyone.

(Though usually it costs more time to accomodate the fans' wishes, but that's to be expected.)

Other than that: It's usually easy to tell if people are serious or not. Sure, there are scams, but in most cases it's pretty obvious when a person pours their heart into a project as suppost to people who just want to make a quick dime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2