• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chobits on TV?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Has to be CN. Has to be Adult Swim.
Karinka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Vekou wrote:
Has to be CN. Has to be Adult Swim.
We all hope Anime smile Or atleast Tech TV...^^;;....
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Well we know it's NOT Tech TV, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess TNN got it as their first anime for their adult animation block. We'll have to wait and see. TNN does know we want to see anime on their network, they even reprinted a letter requesting it on one of their TV spots.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
animaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't mind what its on I woulda prefered ttv but adult swim or tnn's new show either fine with me I too would prefer adult swim.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:05 pm Reply with quote
What would be nice about showing on TNN is that they wont have to edit and they can show it earlier.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
syr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Let's just hope it is not CN. For the sake of the show, we can't have it edited.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I'll have to agree with Emerje. Chobits doesn't really fit CN action anime blocks (Toonami, Action Adult Swim), UNLESS they put in the comedy block of AS. Let the rumors fly. *L*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:11 am Reply with quote
The thing about TNN is that "Chobits" really doesn't fit their style of programming. They're supposed to be the first network for men, and judging by their other cartoons like "Stripperella", "Chobits" really doesn't fit the channel.

And I don't think "Chobits" will make it out unedited on TNN. I heard that they had to edit "Ren and Stimpy" to fit in for time, just like TechTV does with their anime.

In my opinion, it can't be TNN. But then again, Cartoon Network doesn't look likely either, and we know it's not TechTV. So who the hell is it!?

Of course, I just might be proven wrong any time now...
radicaledward

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:24 am Reply with quote
Well, the absolute worst chanel that could have gotten it would be Fox (Anyone remeber what they did to Escaflowne?), and so far no one has give any thought to a non-cable chanel picking it up. Its doubtful, but not outside the relm of posiblity.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 8:07 am Reply with quote
TNN could be a possibility, although there all those other shows that would be considered more manly, chobits might cater to the calmer more subdued type of guy Embarassed I haven't seen the series yet. Besides, all guys have a soft stop somewhere. "No no people, no" Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, there are other channels.

FoxBox: I highly doubt it, 4Kids does all of the programing there. Plus the content is a big problem, it's a 16+ series remember.

KidsWB: Again, content. They'll never show a half naked Chii and sexual inuendo. Also I'd rather not see them cut and paste the animation to interact with other characters like they do in the WB promos.

International Channel: Not sure if they're seeking new anime, but this is another strong possibility and they don't edit anything as far as I know, for time maybe, but not for content.

OK, so what we can gather is that it would have to be on some sort of network that isn't directed at kids and can show adult stuff. That leaves us with 4 places to go, TNN, CN Adult Swim, The Anime Network, and the International Channel. TNN could handle it, but it wouldn't exactly fit their programing. Adult Swim is a strong possibility, but they're limited to TV14 programs so there would be some editing. The Anime Network could do it, but they're unpredictable. International Channel could do it, but who knows if they're looking for anything new.

Very interesting...

Emerje
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:28 pm Reply with quote
couldn't somebody at ANN ask someone at Pioneer?
Hellomojo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:00 am Reply with quote
SkullKnight wrote:
TNN could be a possibility, although there all those other shows that would be considered more manly, chobits might cater to the calmer more subdued type of guy Embarassed I haven't seen the series yet. Besides, all guys have a soft stop somewhere. "No no people, no" Wink

A metrosexual might like it. I'm a guy, am I a metrosexual? this is soo OT but funny as HECK!

http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/71/81366.htm
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kazumei

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 6:45 pm Reply with quote
yesssssssssssss! I am glad that Techtv didn't get Chobit! Unbelievably happy! It should be on AS! Does anyone know where it went?
Delthayre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 7:56 am Reply with quote
I really can't figure out where this one will go. It doesn't seem to fit any of the anime providers out there, save for the International Channel. But I can't see them picking it up. I'm almost certain it won't go on TNN. It goes pretty counter to their image. It doesn't seem to fit Adult Swim properly either, but Williams Street is unpredictable at times. So who knows?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2