• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Network's Holiday 2015 Gift Guide

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:55 am Reply with quote
Appreciate the list even if I'm just gonna wait until around December to buy some of the DVDs from RIghtStuf's mega holiday sale. Totally gonna grab Osamu Tezuka's books and the Shirobako Material Collection.

There are a few shopping links missing:
Sailor Moon Proplica Spiral Heart Moon Rod
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Barbados Model Kit

Quote:
Which means you could – and I don't mean me, I mean you, or really anyone who would want to buy this – you could take this in the bathtub with you for some incredible underwater adventures. Again, you or really anyone – not me. Nope.

Uh huh. Sure thing. Totally believe you~

Still, those Mogucchi Miitan Plushies!! Oh no, they look so precious and plump! Embarassed
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
keichitsu0305 wrote:

There are a few shopping links missing:
Sailor Moon Proplica Spiral Heart Moon Rod
Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Barbados Model Kit

Thank you! I just fixed this. They're both on Amazon.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
FYI I tried to pre-order the David figure, but GoodSmile says pre-orders have ended. Have to wait 'till May 2016 for the release. Crying or Very sad
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
FYI I tried to pre-order the David figure, but GoodSmile says pre-orders have ended. Have to wait 'till May 2016 for the release. Crying or Very sad

Not really how that works. If you go through GSC's store it's preorder or nothing. Luckily AmiAmi and Hobby Search still have them on preorder. Don't know about TOM but I'm sure the article's author could link if available. Don't wait till it is released as GSC stuff tends to be sold out before the release date, unless you go to a brick and mortar store.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, if you wanted to get someone figures without giving them a preorder slip, you would have had to order months ago. And that doesn't take into account delays. Last year I had some figures lined up in the December January window and they got delayed till like February.

I see they're pushing TOM. Gotta do right by the sponsors I guess. I'll go elsewhere though, namely Hobby Search. Ami Ami has better prices but some of their GSC figures are Japan only and are less generous with giving points. TOM is competitive but only if shipping is free, which it usually is.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, Play Arts Vicious looks amazing.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad How dare you abuse my love for Kallen just to get me to view this article when she's not even in it?

Anyway, I'll be cheap and go for the FMA flashlight and Barbados model kit.
GaryNhk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
BVerfG wrote:

This is way OT. I agree with you on the Hyouka plot being quasi non-existant and it not really being a mystery. I thought it was pretty boring.

But you thought Satoshi might be gay?^^ I can't remember even the slightest hint that would point in that direction. Also they actually explained why he rejected the girl. Did you think that was some deep ploy to veil his homosexuality?^^ (I really don't want to attack you, it's just that I never even considered that)

I meant it as a joke but I do think they gave you alot of hints he might be gay. The reason he kept just being close friends with her even though he knew how she felt was he didn't want to be obsessed over her and be like his old self always wanting to win and being to stress out less happy in other words. I thought that was a very lame answer to how he deal with that vday episode. They also don't tell you if he rejected her or what he said on the phone on the final episode either. Left you the mystery if he was gay or not lol. Also the main char would turn red and do whatever the girls ask him and the friend wouldn't be control by the girls another hint
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:

Not really how that works. Luckily AmiAmi and Hobby Search still have them on preorder. Don't know about TOM ...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I just pre-ordered from TOM as their total cost was set with free shipping. AmiAmi's price was lowest but said "For sale in Japan only" under remarks so I wasn't sure why they would say that since AmiAmi is in Japan unless they meant they couldn't sell to someone outside Japan (??). HobbySearch indicated shipping costs for pre-order items are unknown until the release date so didn't seem as sure a bet even if they were lower than TOM on cost. I have never bought a figure or anything else from any of these guys, so didn't realize that GSC was only one retailer among several. You have taught me sensei! P.S. Thanks for the thought but this isn't a Christmas gift.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Hiroki not Takuya wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I just pre-ordered from TOM as their total cost was set with free shipping. AmiAmi's price was lowest but said "For sale in Japan only" under remarks so I wasn't sure why they would say that since AmiAmi is in Japan unless they meant they couldn't sell to someone outside Japan (??). HobbySearch indicated shipping costs for pre-order items are unknown until the release date so didn't seem as sure a bet even if they were lower than TOM on cost. I have never bought a figure or anything else from any of these guys, so didn't realize that GSC was only one retailer among several. You have taught me sensei! P.S. Thanks for the thought but this isn't a Christmas gift.

Yeah, some of GSC's figures are for Japan only on AmiAmi. I guess I missed that on it. One of the reasons I don't use it much. I generally use Hobby Search generally as while their prices are a little worse than AmiAmi, they give like 2-3 times the points, which is useful for frequent buyers. But yeah, they don't tell you shipping until they ship it. I haven't bought a Figma through them but based on similar sized figures, I'd say it would be about the same even with shipping.Technically speaking, GSC is the manufacturer not a retailer. It being out of their preorder window may have been a blessing in disguise. You would have paid full price (4800 yen or about 39 dollars) and 2000 yen for shipping which is about 16 dollars, which would be 10 dollars more than you paid.
P.S. The second comment was general not directed at you specifically. It seemed to be a personal purchase.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
That Darth Vader Samurai Doll looks pretty damn awesome. Time to start getting some scratch offs and hope for a winner lol.
JGZinv

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax didn't get an honorable mention at least. It's a lot of fun with seeing your favorite characters chatting or insulting each other in a crossover beat em up.

Granted Ignition is coming out in Japan, but it doesn't mean DBFC is any less fun for it.
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
5.2K for a life-size Asuka statue? That's certainly more reasonable than the 13 grand Kaworu version on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Kaworu-Nagisa-1-1-Figure-NEW-Neon-Genesis-Evangelion-EVA-Japan-Anime-Asuka-Rei-/262158275865?hash=item3d09d9d519:g:QC4AAOSwtExVgcuS
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
I like the game stuff, but where's the 3DS games?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:16 am Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
I personally own the Knights of Sidonia LE, and it's pretty great. If you liked the show, or if you like scifi stuff, i can't recommend it enough.

Yeah, that limited edition was fantastic. Great show too. I hope they do another great LE for season 2 when it finally comes.

I also loved the other limited editions they brought attention to. Those are some great packages.

invalidname wrote:
Nice call on Expelled from Paradise. It looks like the most stereotypical 90s anime ever -- semi-naked hot chick with cool mech on the cover -- but turns into something smarter and sweeter.

Agreed, it was an awesome movie.

Last edited by DangerMouse on Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5