• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio Pierrot to Animate Twin Star Exorcists TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jakerams

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Actually a good studio when they try on series. (Baby Steps and Yona) But meh hopefully they do this right.
myskaros

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:45 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
On a more related note, Jesus H. Christ are those goofy faces on the key visual. Not exactly filling me with hope here, Pierrot.

Yeah, I was excited to hear about an anime, but those faces are pretty horrid. No idea why they did some weird perspective from the feet up, either.
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
A lot of people who did not read the recent KyoAni article and don't know that studios are more or less meaningless in this thread. They're houses for freelancers.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:46 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:
i'm sure this could do well IF it's done with care but why are they still sitting on Bleach

Because you and three other guys isn't enough buying power to get more Bleach made?
Quote:
people ask about it almost every day

who are these people?!? Serious, legitimate question: who is clamoring for more Bleach anime? While I realize the answer is not "nobody", who the heck is still even reading the manga?

Almost everyone HATED the fullbring arc, and there's scant love for the current arc, and you suggest a "filler" (non-canon) arc movie?
GamerTimeUSA

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
RIP to this series
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
GamerTimeUSA wrote:
RIP to this series

Yeah, because Tokyo Ghoul isn't popular anymore, right?
pajmo9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
I don't get it. Those faces look exactly like the picture from the first manga cover to me. Laughing
lucio542

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
FIRETRUCK
noooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;-;
bastek66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
I suppose this could be good news? Tokyo Ghoul was a great show, imo, but that a lot to do with the director doing a lot with a little. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it turns out.

What the hell are you talking about? It was garbage and it's panned by almost everyone who read the manga.

Hopefully it will be more like Yona than TG.
Wildikdog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
And the hype train just crashed and exploded. leaving no survivors.
Well... at least it's not Studio Deen.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
bastek66 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? It was garbage and it's panned by almost everyone who read the manga.

Slowly, Merxamers rolled his chair back, outwardly placid but inwardly reeling from the vicious assault of cold, emotionless logic. His earbuds fell from his ears unnoticed, as his eyes began to glaze over, overcome with doubt and regret. Paths left untaken, opportunities long lost swarmed in his mind, as an ever-growing stalactite of saliva bubbled from his lips, and his heartbeat grew erratic.

If only, Merxamers sobbed, I had joined in those forums in which almost everyone who had read the manga had gathered to spew bile on that wretched piece of animation. If only, he sputtered through spasms of dry heaves, he had sought out the proper scanlation sites to read the dozens of chapters of source material before hand, and had judged the meticulously crafted anime based solely on comparisons between the two.

Chair flying out from beneath him, Merxamers collapsed into a pathetic physiological imitation of an epileptic fit, only equaled in its futility by the garbage adaptation that was the Tokyo Ghoul anime. If only, his short-circuiting synapses processed, I had been able to see the crisply directed, masterfully paced, and lovingly animated first season for the refuse and defecation that it was.

If only, his last whispers softly mourned, I had the sense to scorn the pretentious, usurping animated telling for daring to tell the story of the source material in a slightly condensed form.

If only, he sighed as his heart and bladder failed in equal measure, I had aligned myself with the opinions of most of the people who had read the manga.

And with that, Merxamers expired on his office floor, surrounded by indifferent coworkers and his laptop screen, serving as a window to the cold, stygian void of the internet. Merxamers had passed, a victim of liking the wrong anime.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Yep. RIP to this series. I know that studios do not determine 100% production values, but anime from Pierrot is usually low budget.
Wildikdog

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
bastek66 wrote:

Slowly, Merxamers rolled his chair back, outwardly placid but inwardly reeling from the vicious assault of cold, emotionless logic. His earbuds fell from his ears unnoticed, as his eyes began to glaze over, overcome with doubt and regret. Paths left untaken, opportunities long lost swarmed in his mind, as an ever-growing stalactite of saliva bubbled from his lips, and his heartbeat grew erratic.

If only, Merxamers sobbed, I had joined in those forums in which almost everyone who had read the manga had gathered to spew bile on that wretched piece of animation. If only, he sputtered through spasms of dry heaves, he had sought out the proper scanlation sites to read the dozens of chapters of source material before hand, and had judged the meticulously crafted anime based solely on comparisons between the two.

Chair flying out from beneath him, Merxamers collapsed into a pathetic physiological imitation of an epileptic fit, only equaled in its futility by the garbage adaptation that was the Tokyo Ghoul anime. If only, his short-circuiting synapses processed, I had been able to see the crisply directed, masterfully paced, and lovingly animated first season for the refuse and defecation that it was.

If only, his last whispers softly mourned, I had the sense to scorn the pretentious, usurping animated telling for daring to tell the story of the source material in a slightly condensed form.

If only, he sighed as his heart and bladder failed in equal measure, I had aligned myself with the opinions of most of the people who had read the manga.

And with that, Merxamers expired on his office floor, surrounded by indifferent coworkers and his laptop screen, serving as a window to the cold, stygian void of the internet. Merxamers had passed, a victim of liking the wrong anime.

I don't believe that "crisply directed" or "masterfully paced" belongs anywhere near the abomination that is the Tokyo Ghoul adaption. Well, that and "slightly condensed" might be a bit of an understatement... they rushed it quite badly.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Wildikdog wrote:
And the hype train just crashed and exploded. leaving no survivors.
Well... at least it's not Studio Deen.

Or Studio ARMS.

If ARMS ever gets its grubby little hands on a series I enjoy again I'll literally shed tears.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:49 pm Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
At least the manga is monthly though, which means that they shouldn't need to resort to the haphazard pacing and reordering of Tokyo Ghoul. Worst case scenario, we'll get a great series finale if nothing else.

Knowing Pierrot, they'll just give it a schnitzel-load of filler and only give the viewers eight canon episodes a year even after the manga ends.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3