• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Trigger's Kiznaiver Anime Casts Yuuki Kaji, Hibiku Yamamura

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
oh my oh my those colour designs are nice
Merxamers

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's a Trigger show so i'm sold. Intrigued by the premise sounds a lot less like a battle show than Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann, which could potentially be a negative, but the writers and stuff all seem to have strong resumes. I guess we'll just wait and see Smile
7ThIsGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
Well, it's a Trigger show so i'm sold. Intrigued by the premise sounds a lot less like a battle show than Kill la Kill or Gurren Lagann, which could potentially be a negative, but the writers and stuff all seem to have strong resumes. I guess we'll just wait and see Smile

The director confirmed in an interview that the show has action scenes but that it is closer to a sci-fi thriller sort of action show than to an straightforward battle show.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, for the battles, the stakes my be a little higher...as the person in the fight isn't only risking harm to themselves, but to the others they are connected to. Surely, it will lead to more melodrama...but I feel like it's been awhile since I saw something melodramatic, so I'm looking forward to this.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Yeah, for the battles, the stakes my be a little higher...as the person in the fight isn't only risking harm to themselves, but to the others they are connected to. Surely, it will lead to more melodrama...but I feel like it's been awhile since I saw something melodramatic, so I'm looking forward to this.

Really? To me there's melodramatic series all around me nowadays. Anime is becoming downright depressing and unpleasant to watch on average and not in the way that kind of makes you think or feel for the cast or wish they'd get through their problems so much as what feels like a commodification of suffering for sufferings sake and makes you wish the cast would off each other cause they are all not-so-nice-people. I chalk it up mainly to just the bad writing and money first priorities that the anime industry seems to subscribe to nowadays. I mean it's aimed largely at a very niche group with specified interests and outlooks and it's only become more apparent with time. This seems like another one of those targeted shows.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
Huh, I must be totally missing the melodrama. Only thing that I came close to was Your Lie in April, but the first few episodes were just heaped with it and I felt like I was getting beaten over the head with spoiler["she's gonna die!"] that I didn't watch beyond a handful of episodes.

Apart from that series, I can't think of one that would be classified as a melodrama. Not saying there isn't, but they must not be on my radar.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1