• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, December 6-12

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renji00

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I pray that a company might pick up Rokka no Yuusha light novels. Rolling Eyes
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully yen does.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Not sure if anyone knows the details but apparently a review on Rightstuf for the Railwars DVD is saying that the release is censored.

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Rail-Wars-DVD
(Just scroll down to the 2nd review)

I don't know the validity of the claim but the yes/no bar on the review seems to be in the reviewers favor so it makes me question if its true why is it so?

I haven't seen the show but to my knowledge Sentai doesn't censor things and there have been far, FAR more risque things released by sentai so I'm not sure why it would be censored if that review is to be correct.

Maybe this is like's Funimations Sankarea mixup where they accidentally put the censored tv broadcast on the Bluray/DVD's?
Maybe the Japanese rights holder made them release it that way?

If I get Rail Wars it'll be when the Bluray is released but I'm curious if anyone has any info to either refute that review or why a release would be like that as if Sentai is censoring stuff now (Which I don't believe is the case at all) would make me cautious for future releases.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Already got the Auru BR via RightStuf and will be ordering the first Rokka volume today or tomorrow. Already own Haganai.

And yeah, Yen Press licensing the Rokka novels would be great. Seems fairly likely at this rate.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:06 pm Reply with quote
renji00 wrote:
I pray that a company might pick up Rokka no Yuusha light novels. Rolling Eyes

Laughing I really hope they do...but have my doubts. Would prefer to sink my money into a company that brings over the LNs over getting the CE from PonyCan after they had announced (and then took away the option of) a SE release.

As for what I got this week...they already arrived yesterday. Got the 2nd omni of TokyoESP (which I'm halfway through and loving, especially the chapter focused on Peggi!) and Witch Craft Works 8. Both arrived yesterday.
renji00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

As for what I got this week...they already arrived yesterday. Got the 2nd omni of TokyoESP (which I'm halfway through and loving, especially the chapter focused on Peggi!)

Wait! Tokyo ESP is an omni? I thought it's just a regular volume.
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Space brothers manga is digital only not aware that sucks it's never gonna come out in english now !!! ... so no regrets buying the French volumes kinda weird how sentai has more faith in the anime but that also doesn't have a dub which i would have liked for this series ...
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
renji00 wrote:
Wait! Tokyo ESP is an omni? I thought it's just a regular volume.

Nope, Tokyo ESP is being released in 2-in-1 omnis by Vertical.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1