• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action 'I Am A Hero' Film's Trailer, Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
If this is even a tenth as weird as the manga I will be very impressed.
XSp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:22 am Reply with quote
Main star of this manga, at least on the very start, is pure gore, horrifying scenarios, and stuff that would easily be classified as mature only. If the R15+ in the middle of the trailers stands for it's rating, and from the content of the trailers themselves... I'm afraid it'll loose a big part of it.
Even then, I'd say that the original material has enough potential for a good zombie movie. It's an interesting not oftenly explored setting (Japan) which puts a twist in development due to how restricted firearms is there.
But we'll have to see if the director will know how to adapt and explore that properly. Because if you remove the impact of gore, simply making a faithful adaptation while censoring manga content will make it too dull.
Movie will have to switch focus to something else to compensate, all the while avoiding being just another zombie flick.
From the trailer the movie also seems to be discarding the fact that the manga protagonist is basically an egocentric asshole. Not sure if there'd be much room for character development in a couple of hours alone though.
jppcouto

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
watching the trailer, i swear i thought it was a comedy!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1