• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, November 29-December 5 [2015-12-12]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamikazeJawa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:04 am Reply with quote
So glad to see The Ancient Magus' Bride selling so well even though it doesn't have an anime adaptation yet! Also I'm calling in now: One-Punch Man #1 will become the new Attack on Titan #1, at least for the next 6 months or so.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:06 am Reply with quote
I hadn't been to the bookstore in a long while. I finally went a couple of days ago and saw the last volume of Naruto on the shelf and got instant feels. Baby boy finally hokage. So proud;;;;

Seriously though. No other manga cover has ever invoked such a warm feeling in my chest just from walking by.
myskaros

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:45 am Reply with quote
How the F did AoT#1 get back on the list... seriously, how are enough people buying it after 2 years that it's anywhere near the top...
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Yes, Ancient Magus' Bride is on the list! Series should be getting more live IMO.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
KamikazeJawa wrote:
Also I'm calling in now: One-Punch Man #1 will become the new Attack on Titan #1, at least for the next 6 months or so.

There's already a new Attack on Titan #1 and it's called Tokyo ghoul #1.
CandisWhite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
myskaros wrote:
How the F did AoT#1 get back on the list... seriously, how are enough people buying it after 2 years that it's anywhere near the top...

It's a majorly popular property whose content is mainstream: Its potential customer base is pretty darn huge.

Everyone who will buy a copy is not going to automatically buy it within weeks of its release; Most people don't have buckets of money to drop on EVERY book that they want, the second it comes out. A popular book which will be easily available for awhile yet doesn't carry as much pressure to buy it NOW as a book with a limited print run. I own the anime and I haven't even bought one copy of the manga yet.

The amount of people who will buy, or have bought for them, the book is enough that the numbers can be staggered and still make an impact.

Also, more people are being introduced to the property, all of the time; People who are just learning about AOT are new customers with previously unspent dollars.

So, basically, compound a wildly well-liked franchise with the holiday shopping season and, BAM, big numbers.
Swiftyy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Happy to see Magus' Bride is doing so well, If you still haven't gotten into the series yet go buy the first volume already!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1