• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Goes to See Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I find it hilarious that Toei is using The Force Awakens as a means to promote One Piece Film Gold.

Isn't almost every movie company doing the same thing?
I'm expecting at least an hour of trailers before the movie even starts. Laughing
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Interesting.... Very Happy
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:40 am Reply with quote
To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of all the Star Wars Product commercials you see one just about every time you switch the channel but this One Piece x Star Wars crossover I like reminds me when I used to cosplay as my favorite Star Wars character then go to the theater to watch the prequel trilogy. Cool
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:41 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I find it hilarious that Toei is using The Force Awakens as a means to promote One Piece Film Gold.

It's more likely the opposite. One Piece is by far the biggest franchise in Japan. They are telling people 'hey, if you wanna see the trailer for the movie before anyone else does, watch the new star wars movie'. One Piece doesn't need any promotion in Japan.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 am Reply with quote
Star Wars is already all sold out in Japanese theaters. Good luck getting a ticket now just to see this One Piece trailer.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
AutoOps007 wrote:
leafy sea dragon wrote:

It's more likely the opposite. One Piece is by far the biggest franchise in Japan. They are telling people 'hey, if you wanna see the trailer for the movie before anyone else does, watch the new star wars movie'. One Piece doesn't need any promotion in Japan.

I think its just a fun bit of cross-promotion. Neither franchise "needs" the other. As noted, One Piece is huge in Japan, but Star Wars is a worldwide phenomenon and will make a ton of money regardless. There were plenty of Star Wars promo goods all over the place when I went to Tokyo 2 months ago.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
My friends don't like the movie story, but i am totally agree with the movie story and everything which appeared and happened like han solo action and outfit i am in love with them.[/img]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:36 am Reply with quote
My friends don't like the movie story, but i am totally agree with the movie story and everything which appeared and happened like han solo action and outfit i am in love with them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2