• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Berserk Gets New Anime Project Featuring Guts as 'Black Swordsman'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
OVAs please. And no involvement from studio 4°C.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
I gotta remember to get back to reading Berserk, I fell off somewhere during the golden age arc and forgot where specifically I left off. In any case I hope this new anime doesn't have as much CG issues as I hear the remake movies had.
Majikza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
I want a remade first season of Claymore with at least as much content as they did the first time, and than a continuation of the series!

Is that too much to ask! There are probably tons of other shows I'd love to see too, but my brain is failing me at the moment.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
I gotta remember to get back to reading Berserk, I fell off somewhere during the golden age arc and forgot where specifically I left off. In any case I hope this new anime doesn't have as much CG issues as I hear the remake movies had.

It really wasn't just the CG that was the issue with those. Many of the traditional animated designs looked downright bad, and they also cut out major parts, just like the original anime. I mean, why remake it when you're still cutting big, important chunks of the story that's in the manga? Hellsing Ultimate did it best by animating all of it in 10 OVAs, and that's what they should do with Berserk aswell, and also to void censorship.
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:06 am Reply with quote
bobob101 wrote:
snip

I'd make a blood offering for a Blaster Knuckle anime.

Miura's done a great job with juggling the cast of Berserk IMO, but the manga's about to reach a pivotal point so perhaps he's working on dealing with that. Who knows really....
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
Neato. Hopefully he won't look like a crappy CG mech when fully suited up. Oh who am I kidding, he will.

Incidentally, that's a really unflattering photo of that young lady.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
@Souther Blaster Knuckle is bonkers but i love his Cestvs and your linked picture has a direct counterpart in the Conviction Arc: Chapter of the Lost Children from Vol.14 Chap. 97/98. Trust me as i have a Brand of Sacrifice tattoo. The arc named "Black Swordsman" is in Vol. 1-3 but our protagonist is obviously named after it. Vol.1 and half of 2 need a bit of a remake to be honest... The 4°C hacks (Thundercats and some others are good but still) released a bit of concept art from a The Black Swordsman project and even put the Female Apostle in the 3rd movie instead of the Snake Count for some reason so they can´t be behind this or we would have gotten different imagery. I would love to see the VA cast from the original TV anime, done by the Pokemon studio before they got big Shocked, return and let´s be honest.
Berserk adaptation matters are incapable of getting any worse. Incapable! I rewrote my MU review for the manga last night for some reason and i saw this news just before seeing the sublime/redeeming new Star Wars so the Schwartz may be with this one.

Here are the 2 games cut together as movies. You know? The "real" 2nd anime.
Sword of Berserk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fokGd-LT4yE
Berserk: Millennium Falcon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8phqA2gkkRc
(Falcon of the Millennium Empire is my favorite arc)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Videogamep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Ulinox wrote:
OVAs please. And no involvement from studio 4°C.

I'm pretty sure 4°C will be involved since the head of the studio mentioned something about a Berserk remake at a panel at AX.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Souther wrote:
Oh yeah, found the anime site linked somewhere else I think: http://berserk-anime.com/

That looks completely CG animated? I like the artstyle though.

Ulinox wrote:
It really wasn't just the CG that was the issue with those. Many of the traditional animated designs looked downright bad

You thought the character designs were ugly? Character designs by Naoyuki Onda!? Them not looking like you're used to is one thing, calling them bad is a whole thing another. Well alright if they're not your thing then that's ok, but they're totally adequate in artstyle, recognisability and in character.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Woah woah, Berserk going on hiatus?! STOP THE PRESSES! Head for the hills!

Majikza wrote:
I want a remade first season of Claymore with at least as much content as they did the first time, and than a continuation of the series!

Is that too much to ask!

Yeah, every time i give up hope for that being done i hear about remakes for things like D Grey Man, so you never know! It could happen one day.

Seriously though, it will be interesting to see the post-golden age stuff adapted into anime. The "Lost Children" arc has one of my favorite moments of the whole series (you all know the one i mean...), and the one with the Inquisition should be gruesome enough for the viewers who aren't familiar with it already.
Tanim Mubaid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope the remake the anime. not just a sequel. not just the black swordsman. berserk manga is one of the best and i think the entire manga should be animated and redone as an adaption with realistic artwork and top notch animation.
Tanim Mubaid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
speaking of remakes. WHY THE HELL NOT SOMEONE REMAKE RUROUNI KENSHIN??? RK was one of my most favorite manga of all time, but the origianal apaption by deen was mediocre at best. hell. they didn't even finished the manga and completely ruined the anime in 3rd season by crappiest fillers. Trust and Betryal showed us the deep, gritty and fantastic poteinal that RK has. and an reboot anime of rurouni kenshin faithful to manga would be [expletive] epic. Please FOR GOD'S SAKE Please SOMEONE, SOME Studio take this to your consideration and Remake the anime adapting the whole manga. (alt+p)[/img]
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to mention that Guts is wearing the wrong armor in the sole picture we have for the conviction time frame. How did i overlook that? Movie 3 technically ended with him putting on the "right" armor. Positive thoughs people. Positive.

@Tanim Mubaid The recent Kenshin movie trilogy was amazing so we only need 4/5 to close that remake look. Positive thoughs people...

Last edited by residentgrigo on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Souther

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
snip

I've read Cestvs, not licensed in English (though I think it's in Italian?) and barely any English scans Sad ), but I've seen a lot of the raws and it'd make a pretty sick anime. And yeah, you're right that the visual was from the Lost Children chapter, I posted about my possible mistake on the other page, which means that might get animated instead. I agree that the first vols shouldn't get skipped over because it'd be awkward introducing Puck into the story (every adaptation's cut out his earlier scenes or reduced him to a cameo) and there's a lot of good stuff in the Black Swordsman arc. If it's Studio 4°C, I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped it over though......

I was always impressed with how that game did the Millennium Falcon, wish that was the kind of treatment the movies would give Berserk.

EDIT: Just saw your post about the armour, I'm just gonna wait for more news and see which part gets animated. Could be just a random pic and and not indicative of what post-Golden Age timeline part they're actually covering.

Last edited by Souther on Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
The American Average

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Aww Yeah, get to see best boy Puck animated.

all this awesome news as of late. All I need now is Hunter X Hunter manga to return from hiatus and it will be the greatest year of anime/manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5