• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - Itsudatte My Santa! Commentary Track

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsenette

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Loved the commentary. Embarassed I was trying to do stuff around the house and had the podcast on when I saw it pop up on my list. I didn't watch the show (yeah.. I have no interest either).. but I kept cackling at the commentary. Laughing Thanks for a hilarious podcast.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Have to agree with Bamboo.....may well be the absolute worst anime I've ever sat through. Mercifully, your commentaries were informative and inciteful.
VinceA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Will have to rip my DVD copy and add the commentary track to it. Yeah, I got the DVD before the recall way back when... yes, I'm a bad person.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
rainwithsunshine

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Ah! This is such a cool ANNCast! It definitely enticed me to check out Itsudatte My Santa!. I have a soft spot for commentaries and would welcome it for more in the future!

I wish all at ANN to have a splendid holiday!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Laughing
I remember enjoying Love Hina back when I was thirteen. From what I recall, it was no where near as convoluted and insane as this show. It almost feels like the creators were making a badly transparent parody of the genre.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Oh my God, I need to listen to this. My one friend has made a disturbing habit out of getting the worst $3 OVAs she can find in the RightStuf bargain bin for me every birthday/Christmas/whatever, and one of them happened to be this...thing. I will never get that hour of my life back, but I'm willing to waste another such hour if it means hearing Zac and Hope suffer along with me. Very Happy
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm conflicted. While this ANNCast was great, you made me watch Itsudatte My Santa...
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
FUN FACT: My mom tried to convince me to rent this when I was ten! I wanted Gurren Lagann but skimpy Yoko on the back cover raised her eyebrows and as such she saw this lovely Christmas title and suggested it to me. I'm pretty sure I left with like Pilot Candidate, which is still pretty awful (and I knew it was when I was ten), but good god, if she would've know the true contents of this fun little Christmas OVA...

Anyways, I enjoyed Love Hina and Negima, so I watched My Santa! for the first time without the commentary, hoping for a semi-tolerable Christmas special.

The first OVA actually had potential, but would've honestly been better without the fanservice. That second OVA felt forced on and can burn in a fire.

So yeah, My Santa!: 3/10 without the commentary, solid 10/10 with the commentary. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
This was hilarious and I hope you do more commentary tracks for horrible anime in the future. Or even critical commentary tracks, it's a very engaging format.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm at the part where it turns out spoiler[these people always had a party for Santa every year and just didn't invite him because they thought he preferred to be alone. ]

My mind sprained.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I do kinda wish that the commentary was able to pause the movie and just have at it at some times more like a review

But I did find it to be pretty funny, and really nice to see you trying to do something different and fresh. I hope you get to do another one again soon ish

I hope you and justin still exchange anime or at least movies at some point next year since I always really enjoyed you to doing that.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this. That's one more anime to add to the list of 'mind-bogglingly bad anime crap' I've seen, and the commentary was fun. I would appreciate more commentary tracks like this in the future, actually. Merry Christmas!
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:08 pm Reply with quote
I just spent tonight watching Itsudatte My Santa and I enjoyed it. Smile The romance between Santa and Mai was quite hilarious...and grew sad as Christmas was drawing near. However, the ending of Episode 2 brought in a funny twist. Smile
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
Commenting on a it's so dad it's good awful anime and you made it entertaining to boot. I look forward to more of this in the future what other anime will you comment on while viewing a interesting concept for a rip roaring hour of fun. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1