• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Set List - Top 10 OPs of 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

Noragami Aragoto: Another unexpected snub, I really think this is the best opening of the season, it has amazing music, the sharp contrast in the colors looks great and the animation is also fantastic. The lyrics aren't that related to the show -except perhaps the part where the vocalist asks to have his name called, which became surprisingly adequate in later episodes, but it's still a really great song.

I've been kind of obsessed with this song, and I think the lyrics match Noragami more than they seem to at first. It's hard to find a good translation, but between Funimation's official subs, and the subs on The Oral Cigarettes music video, I get the impression that the lyrics refer to:
Destroying a past one can never return to, letting go of one's fight with his/her ego, the "never ending irritation of the constantly changing future", searching for a love/meeting someone. The ideas of being annoyed with the changing times and wanting to brighten up a past you cannot return to both seem particularly attuned to Yato's struggles in the second season.
[/url]
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:47 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen most of these and I'm not surprised to see it not on the list, but I really liked Overlord's Clattanoia as an opening this year.

Noragami's opener was good too, but I think I prefer the first season's opening over it.

omiya wrote:
I've created a list of 2015's anime OP songs on the first page of this thread with titles and artists:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4704275#4704275

Hopefully there aren't too many omissions or errors.

Thanks! It definitely helped and showed me that I haven't watched that much this year. Though that's per the norm since I usually wait for the BD releases.
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:05 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Thanks! It definitely helped and showed me that I haven't watched that much this year. Though that's per the norm since I usually wait for the BD releases.

Thanks, I hope that the ANN encyclopaedia could make the task easier (and it would be good to include composers and lyricists as well).

All the live performances of 2015 anime opening songs I saw were from Animelo Summer Live 2015 (28/29/30 August at Saitama Super Arena): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animelo_Summer_Live#2015
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised School-Live isn't on this list. That opening is brilliant. It seems like a typical cute moe intro, but the lyrics are actually a cry for help, and the visuals get more and more disturbing as the show goes on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5