• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Berserk Anime's 1st Video Teases 2016 Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExacRan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:32 am Reply with quote
*sigh*
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:55 am Reply with quote
Berserk 97 isn´t a good looking show by any definition (the backgrounds especially) and comparing it to a daytime/big budget/all ages show from Bamco´s prime is utter lunacy yet it still seceded artistically or we wouldn´t be talking about it nearly 2 decades later.
Half of the merits are due to the manga´s highly influential panel direction but the other half was due to exceptional direction and the staffs ability to overcome limitations. The muted color pallet was a perfect fit but it also hid flaws, the mentioned Osamu Dezaki-esque stills were alway employed at the right time so you never noticed that they were only there due to necessity and the sparse use of original music is especially fascinating to me. My only faults with it were narrative omissions and the rushed last act.
What Berserk needs in the end isn´t a budget but ingenuity and 4 °C failed in the end because they tried to advertise themselves through the brand.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zellion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:28 am Reply with quote
I always go back to this moto, but "it it aint broke, don't fix it." I mean, c'mon they had a good look when they made the movies, there was clearly no need to change it (different production company or not).

It really puts me off watching it. And it's a shame, because I was sayign to someone today that they could maintain a nice pace and never catch the manga.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:45 am Reply with quote
Pariston_Hill wrote:
I don't have a problem with CGI, but Berserk deserves a better treatment.

no kidding. it looks too 3D ish just like with the latest appleseed alpha movies. was kinda hoping it would be like the three movies but alas.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:41 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Does anyone know who this Kuro studio or production company is? I haven´t found anything but the name.

I was wrong, according to Walter Bennet from Skullknight, it's just the nickname of somebody from the project assigned to tweet about it. It's not clear who's animating it.

(just in case, apologies for bumping an old topic.)
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
Once again the Japanese just don't get it. It looks like shiza. Why do triple the work? We just want more story animated.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Jep (i have a SK account) but he also started a thread on reddit to solve the mystery:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Berserk/comments/3znsvl/new_anime_studio4c_or_not_lets_try_and_figure_it/

I would be highly surprised if 4°C was @ it again but they would have also announced the studio if they were a real catch so i suspect a "non traditional" approach.
At least we now that Stan Lee heard of Berserk. Or at least his PR department.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Introgauge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Ugh you guys are just spoiled. You understand that the original Berserk wasn't much to look at in the first place? Not only was it so many years ago but to even do the series justice they need to animate hundreds of enemies. And the best way to do that, is with cgi. Just to show spoiled you are, animation houses that you wanted to animate this, probably were asked and denied doing for a whole litany of reasons. Proabably because they wanted to do their own thing. Thank the idea of evil that youre actually Getting a berserk series in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4