• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Norn Nonet (Norn9)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:49 am Reply with quote
9 dudes 3 chicks 1 ship
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:13 am Reply with quote
The premise sounds like a big pile of nonsensical nothing, but who am I kidding, I'm in it for the good looking dudes. If it's as competent as UtaPri or KamiAso or at least as ridiculously funny as Dance with Devils, I'll definitely be on board for this
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:52 am Reply with quote
3 heroines and 9'dudes?! Wow...

Never heard of this kind of setting, this is not a norm in otome game, right?

So those girls will get 3 dudes each or we got some unbalanced reverse harem here?
anpansparking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:33 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
The premise sounds like a big pile of nonsensical nothing, but who am I kidding, I'm in it for the good looking dudes. If it's as competent as UtaPri or KamiAso or at least as ridiculously funny as Dance with Devils, I'll definitely be on board for this

If it helps, although the game's plot was a bit confusing, I thought it made way more sense than the description given in the article did, which definitely sounds pretty nonsensical.

Engineering Nerd wrote:
So those girls will get 3 dudes each or we got some unbalanced reverse harem here?

In the games, each girl has three potential love interests.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm watching this. But I sincerely hope it's better than Amnesia or BroCon or DiaLovers.
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Yeah, I'm watching this. But I sincerely hope it's better than Amnesia or BroCon or DiaLovers.

I kind of liked Brothers Conflict. Anything musical even if it has ikemen isn't worth it for me. BroCon wasn't near as bad as DiaLovers and Amnesia.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
As someone who is playing the game (though I've only cleared 2 routes so far, hoping to clear 2 more before the release), this anime will be either awesome or garbage. There's not much room for in-between. In the game, the plot is VERY vague depending on which route you take. One character's route completely explained "The World" while in the other we ran away and never learned anything.

The completely different story lines aside, there's no way this anime will have time to follow all 3 girls and all 3 of those 3's potential love interests. If they try to devote time to each girl, the anime will be a total cluster-f, especially since the scenarios all pan out very differently in the game depending on who you follow. I'm HOPING they pick one girl (most likely Koharu, despite her being my least favorite) and follow her while maybe having her witness things the other 2 girls go through. I think that's the only way we'll end up with anything resembling a coherent story. If they bite off more than they can chew and try to follow all 3 girls, that leaves 1 episode for the common route/beginning, 9 episodes for each route, and then only 2-3 episodes for actual plot and resolution. So this anime could really go either way right now...here's hoping they just narrow in on Koharu. The promo art features a character from each female's selection though, so my hopes aren't too high.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
@Sobe

Oh, I love BroCon too, especially the novels and the games but because I loved it so much I was mad at the way the anime was made. The budget, how they changed Ema's personality, mixing up routes...I could go on.

WashuTakahashi wrote:
-snip-

Coherency? In an Otomate anime? Razz

I sincerely hope they're not going to do an Amnesia and try and cram all three heroine's stories in. Otomate never gives their anime to competent staff.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Coherency? In an Otomate anime? Razz

I sincerely hope they're not going to do an Amnesia and try and cram all three heroine's stories in. Otomate never gives their anime to competent staff.

I think Amnesia was a special case that was handled fairly well. Since she always has amnesia, it wasn't TOO awful to keep tossing her from route to route xD But there's no way that would work here. If they try for every possible route, it's just going to end awful. If they maybe only focus on 1 route per girl (Kakeru, Natsuhiko, and Akito, from the image so far) it MIGHT work out. Still would rather them just pick a girl to focus on (Mikoto would be my preference, but expecting Koharu) I think it'd turn out best.
lavmintrose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:20 pm Reply with quote
. . . every description there looks like a load of trying-to-hard attempts at philosophy. It's a freaking otome game. Just give us pretty and leave it alone.
I was only interested because it's from the people that did KamiAso, but none of the designs look as nice as KamiAso, and it looks like it's full of ridiculous "ideology" or whatever. "He's smart, so he ends up manipulating people," "He grew up in the red light district so he knows how to handle women," . . . what even is that? Sorry, but no.

KamiAso, though. Can we just have more things like KamiAso? I swear, if everything with a ton of blood in it were replaced with things that look like KamiAso, the world would be a much better place.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
3 Heroines and 1 male shota hero, time traveling, super powers and decent plot, I hope this is good. Dance With Devils was dissapointing, the scriptwriting and directing was just horrible, even that disturbing dialovers was more decent.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
lavmintrose wrote:

KamiAso, though. Can we just have more things like KamiAso? I swear, if everything with a ton of blood in it were replaced with things that look like KamiAso, the world would be a much better place.

KamiAso's manga version is way better than the 3rd rate crappy scryptwriting+rushed anime version. The story in the manga was slighty different but was 100% better and funnier. The anime replaced the funny parts with crude fanservices
pandoraking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote
only watching this for yanagi nagi
omiya

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:08 am Reply with quote
pandoraking wrote:
only watching this for yanagi nagi

Kaori Oda is pretty good also:

Dream Scape from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31lYpJ4NMFI
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
The fact alone that Yusa Kouji still manages to get casted as a 20-something "playboy" character makes me want to check this out. And Saiga Mitsuki, of course!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2