Forum - View topic
NEWS: NisiOisin Pens Mazemonogatari Crossover Text Mini-Series




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
captainbanana



Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 188
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this will finally answer the question of (O.K and Monogatari spoilers) spoiler[who Okitegami Kyoko is. If she's Hanekawa he'd realize it immediately I'd assume. If he doesn't recognize her at all then I guess she isn't. If it is her this story would be the latest story in the series chronologically since O.K is in her 20's and Araragi is a first year college student in Hanamonogatari.]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dian Z



Joined: 27 Feb 2013
Posts: 313
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:49 am Reply with quote
captainbanana wrote:
Hopefully this will finally answer the question of (O.K and Monogatari spoilers) spoiler[who Okitegami Kyoko is. If she's Hanekawa he'd realize it immediately I'd assume. If he doesn't recognize her at all then I guess she isn't. If it is her this story would be the latest story in the series chronologically since O.K is in her 20's and Araragi is a first year college student in Hanamonogatari.]


I wonder why some fans speculate so. Aren't both of them spoiler[have obviously different size of boobs?]
I haven't really read Okitegami Kyoko, though.

I think this first crossover story will just show that that's not the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
killjoy_the



Joined: 30 May 2015
Posts: 1969
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
This honestly sounds more interesting than Orokamonogatari, and of course it'll never see any kind of translation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
captainbanana



Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Posts: 188
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:47 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
captainbanana wrote:
Hopefully this will finally answer the question of (O.K and Monogatari spoilers) spoiler[who Okitegami Kyoko is. If she's Hanekawa he'd realize it immediately I'd assume. If he doesn't recognize her at all then I guess she isn't. If it is her this story would be the latest story in the series chronologically since O.K is in her 20's and Araragi is a first year college student in Hanamonogatari.]


I wonder why some fans speculate so. Aren't both of them spoiler[have obviously different size of boobs?]
I haven't really read Okitegami Kyoko, though.

I think this first crossover story will just show that that's not the case.


spoiler[The size is about the same. The difference between them there is that O.K generally layers up. The novels do have hints in them but the commercial featuring Hanekawa's voice actress as Kyoko (and the Monogatari cast talking about Hanekawa) is probably the most compelling evidence when combined with other things.

Kizumonogatari is partly the tale of how Araragi and Hanekawa met, so having a tie-in story for the movie makes a lot of sense if she is Hanekawa. It would be pretty cool if the last time they ever meet is Araragi solving a case with her and realizing that she's moved on and that she doesn't need him anymore. In other words, the tale of their last meeting would be revealed at the movie depicting their first.

If she's not Okitegami Kyoko then Nisioisin has been having fun with his fans over it for a while now.
]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harleyquin



Joined: 29 May 2014
Posts: 1868
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
No idea why "fans" are trying to link the Monogatari series and the Boukyaku series together when it's very clearly stated that they have nothing in common with each other.

If anything, the Boukyaku series shares a lot setting wise with Nisio Ishin's debut series "Kubikiri cycle" and Nisio Ishin himself intended to set out his stall to write mystery stories with this series which he hadn't done since he'd finished Koyomimonogatari.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alabaster Spectrum



Joined: 02 Sep 2015
Posts: 528
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Considering they're already dividing a short novel up into 3 60 minute movies it pretty much sounds like the anime scene equivalent of DLC scamming. Of course they'll get away with it cause this is the kind of franchise that appeals to obsessive fan types. There's some pretty major exploitation going on within this industry these days such that nothing surprises me anymore though really. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kreion



Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 332
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
Considering they're already dividing a short novel up into 3 60 minute movies it pretty much sounds like the anime scene equivalent of DLC scamming. Of course they'll get away with it cause this is the kind of franchise that appeals to obsessive fan types. There's some pretty major exploitation going on within this industry these days such that nothing surprises me anymore though really. Rolling Eyes


Please tell me more about how the current anime industry is suddenly more money grubbing - of course you will have to ignore how blu-rays have always been insanely highly priced and that the Japanese in general have a strong fondness for special editions and numerous studies have been conducted to show that anime companies sell less if they make the disks cheaper.

I mean I'm sure you wouldn't have ignored all of that in your blind accusations would you Smile

Accusations of any sort of change aside, I do actually agree that Kizu could have been one movie or two more easily than three, since the novel itself is not that long. But that's an issue of pacing - you are complaining about something different.

Also I should add on the topic of this that I really don't think that they are related...there's been nothing that really hints these two universes are the same one unlike say SAO and Accel World which ARE in the same universe. If you want to argue two characters are related then try and convince me they exist in the same universe first - before moving on to their characteristics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group