• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ERASED/Boku dake ga Inai Machi Anime to Portray Ending of Original Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Ali07 wrote:
..I'm unsure if chapters are released monthly or at a quicker/slower pace.

It's monthly.
The last scanlated chapter (I have no idea how far behind/if it is behind the japanese chapter count) honestly didn't seem to me like it's too close to an ending, and the manga didn't actually announce that it's ending at that date, so we'll probably get some spoilers in the anime, while the manga will be possibly better paced.

Manga scanlation is behind at least seven/eight chapters, and it seems like serialization really going to close, with the spoiler[reveal of the guy who are behind the children abduction].
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
I agree with this move if this means that the anime will end up feeling like a complete story, and the ending is strong.
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Huh? How will they do it?
In the end, they will still make an assumption... an original ending of their own... Unless they would consult the author of the actual ending... Confused

They probably consulted the author for the ending.

The manga doesn't seem far away from its conclussion, and on retrospect, though there are a lot of chapters, a lot of them can be reduced to a few minutes of anime material, so it sounds like they can keep it going at a nice pace while getting to the ending.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Thatguy3331 wrote:
That's... weird... but ok...?

I never read the manga nor know how long it is (a post above says 8 volumes though) but I have to wonder if the manga itself is ending soon or if perhaps the author himself decided this and gave the the ok. There are a lot of varying qualities and factors when it comes to adaptations but this is by far the strangest I've seen thus far.

It's not all that odd. Full metal Alchemisr Brotherhood ended at almost the exact same time as the manga, which is why it's such a faithful adaption, and the Hitsugi no Chaika anime's end coincided with the novel's finale.

I'm actually really glad they are adapting the entire series, I get so tired of half endings in anime. It's nice to have complete stories every now and again.

Hitsugi chaika not a bad example, because he is ill suited.

Saku-dono wrote:
Huh? How will they do it?
In the end, they will still make an assumption... an original ending of their own... Unless they would consult the author of the actual ending... Confused

It has 20 days to make the final chapter. The manga will end on March 4 and anime on March 24.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Now I hope that the manga gets licensed. That way, I'll be able to see if there are changes between the anime and manga endings.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
whiskeyii wrote:
Since they're advertising that the anime ending will be the same as the manga ending, I'm betting they either got the mangaka to a) give them a brief outline and they flesh out the details, or b) told them exactly how the ending goes so they can animate it properly.

An anime episode takes several months to make to be all set for airing and manga-ka often plan major events months before they actually make them. By this, I mean that perhaps Arakawa actually drew the final chapter in 4/10 but had the idea really finalized 4 months prior.

The FMA:B final episode aired on 7/4/10 while the manga finale was serialized on 6/12/10. Because of such, I think that it was likely Arakawa-sensei gave them specific details on how to properly animate the finale.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2