• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Love Live! Sunshine!! Idol Project Gets TV Anime This Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time before Sunshine was slated to have its anime show. Now to see the Aqours members' characteristics in action! Smile
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Well that was quick. I didn't expect them to announced an anime after the group's 1st video.

Hope for the best and wishing for a cameo from the Muse band.
lucio542

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
OH YES.
Calculus20

[quote="Sunny milk"]
Calculus20 wrote:
Not very happy to hear this. I don't like these idol shows and it's bad enough Love live was milked for the past 4 years not giving Studio 8 a chance to continue Horizon or Accel World and now that the first generation finally ended I was happy that s8 could finally work on on something else before the Sunshine generation got an anime. But this is happening way too fast. I guess I should consider myself lucky s8 at least got AW but I also wanted Horizon too...

Sunny milk wrote:
Way to overexaggerate.
It had 2 individual, single seasons so far.

I don't really care how many seasons it had. Since s1 aired all s8 has done is 1 other anime that wasn't LL and that was Buddy Complex. This is over the span of 3 years. It's safe to say they dedicated all their resources and time to making more LL since it was such a hit.

Sunny milk wrote:
It was already way too painful waiting for Love Live to have another TV series

Ha what a laugh, you think waiting is painful when you just had a movie released 6 months ago? Step into the shoes of AW and Horizon fans who have been waiting 4 years now. In interviews with the AW creator, AW was always supposed to get another season but it got delayed for so long because s8 was always busy and didn't want to make AW at the time. It's clear this was because of LL. Now you have this new generation which was announced not even a year ago and it's already getting a full fledged anime. It's blatantly obvious it's riding on the success of the previous generation when said previous generation needed three years to get its anime after dozens of music CD releases, manga releases, etc. If anything you're over exaggerating.

Sunny milk wrote:
and it's not exactly a huge loss that they aren't doing another thinly veiled fap material harem LN adaptation instead.

Well now, thanks for telling me you know nothing about Horizon or AW and are judging it based on preconceived notions.
John Hayabusa

Well I did not expect to be this soon. I was expecting for the anime to come out next year. But hey, I am so happy to see Aqours going into the spotlight with their anime this summer. I love their debut single. This is an instant pickup for my summer anime list.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Well now, thanks for telling me you know nothing about Horizon or AW and are judging it based on preconceived notions.

You're starting to sound like those idiots who go on about Full Metal Panic in every KyoAni thread. What is said in those threads applies here. Sunrise does not own the IP for Horizon or AW and has no control over whether adaptions of those get made. Studios get changed all the time for sequels so the reason why further seasons have not appeared is nothing to do with Sunrise.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Now you have this new generation which was announced not even a year ago and it's already getting a full fledged anime. It's blatantly obvious it's riding on the success of the previous generation when said previous generation needed three years to get its anime after dozens of music CD releases, manga releases, etc.

It doesn't matter to the people in charge though. Aqours' 1st single sold 48,000 copies in its first week and was the 2nd highest debut single in Japan for 2015. They'd be crazy not to try and capitalise on that momentum. Saying "they only sold that much because of μ's" doesn't matter because they still sold that much & an anime will likely sell like hotcakes as well.
Calculus20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:22 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Calculus20 wrote:

You're starting to sound like those idiots who go on about Full Metal Panic in every KyoAni thread. What is said in those threads applies here. Sunrise does not own the IP for Horizon or AW and has no control over whether adaptions of those get made. Studios get changed all the time for sequels so the reason why further seasons have not appeared is nothing to do with Sunrise.

I wasn't even talking about that particular aspect. I was addressing what the person said about Sunrise not doing another "thinly veiled fap harem LN adaptation" Secondly, I am aware they don't own those properties and further seasons for those anime can go to another studio but s8 said they were interested in working on more seasons of AW or Horizon so it's likely if a new season were announced they would do those seasons too. New AW was announced and s8 is doing it just to show you as an example.
dark13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
Not very happy to hear this. I don't like these idol shows and it's bad enough Love live was milked for the past 4 years not giving Studio 8 a chance to continue Horizon or Accel World and now that the first generation finally ended I was happy that s8 could finally work on on something else before the Sunshine generation got an anime. But this is happening way too fast. I guess I should consider myself lucky s8 at least got AW but I also wanted Horizon too...
You know I agree with you and it makes me feel Accel world infinite burst might not be tv anime because of this But its Idol anime what can you do :/ its sucks but we have to deal with it

( even tho I found love live boring and stop at episode 3 ) I don't think any Love live fan will understand a AW fan Because they have movies while we have to wait 5 years to know if AW gets a season 2 or not
Foxaika

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Woo, I suppose I am pretty hyped. Hopefully it's good. Will be hard not to compare to the other series though.
Rouward

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:11 pm Reply with quote
They better not make another plot twist and forced the series into drama. Otherwise I'll drop the series in an instant.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:55 am Reply with quote
They should build up their resume. It's hard to be the follow-up act so soon because trying not to do the same things the previous act had just done successfully.
c933103

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
http://yusaani.com/special/2016/01/12/253469/

Some of the above comments hve been translated into Japanese by Japanese sites as foreign response to LLSS anime announcement ...
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
c933103 wrote:
http://yusaani.com/special/2016/01/12/253469/

Some of the above comments hve been translated into Japanese by Japanese sites as foreign response to LLSS anime announcement ...

Thanks for sharing! I won't translate the comments, due to time, but the majority of them reacting to these comments talk about how it's pretty natural that they'd do this, since the series prints money. One of the last comments talks about how it's likely they don't want to risk the series losing popularity while the series is resting, due to how the series depends just as much on light fans as it does the hardcore fans.
Shinobu Oshino

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Love Live! Sunshine!! Idol Project AOTY 2016

Calculus20 wrote:

Love Live -> all

deal with it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2