• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bravely Second: End Layer RPG Slated for N. America on April 15 With Collector's Edition

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Percival King
Banned User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:09 am Reply with quote
Welp. Hope this doesn't sell out in a matter of minutes like the Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition.

(Psst! I actually got one! Yay me!)
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:32 am Reply with quote
If you went into a store, they had Fates CE for much longer. A few days, according to my local store.

I'm waiting for Gamestop to get BSELCE in their system, so I can transfer my reservation.

And for anyone (like me) kinda gaping at the $30 increase in price, consider this:
BDFF was $39.99 for standard, $54.99 (IIRC) for the CE, for an increase of $15. You got a deck of AR cards (fun, but ultimately useless, except for the ones that came with the game anyway), a mini artbook (nice, but nothing like the big, heavy Japanese artbook), and a CD Soundtrack.
BSEL is $39.99 for the standard, $69.99 for the CE, for an increase of $30. You don't get the AR cards that BDFF came with, the CD remains the same, but the artbook is increased from a little "here's some drawings of the main characters and asterisks" to the full-sized, 250-page monster that Japan got.
To put it in perspective, the Japanese artbook for FTS (the 2010-2013 one) has a cover price of 3000 Yen (I paid $46.50 for it at Kinokuniya), and is 256 pages. So while $30 is quite a bit extra (at least if you're strapped for cash like I am), especially compared to the normal $10-15 for single-game 3DS CEs, the artbook is well worth the extra, plus you still get the CD on top of that.
Konopan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
The CD is just another sample disk, though, isn't it?

The one with the original games collector's edition had like 10 tracks on it
Percival King
Banned User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:

That's better than what f*cking Atlus is doing.

They packaged all their games with a CD that has only 4 tracks, then charge extra $10 for it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Konopan wrote:

ANN's article doesn't list it, but Siliconera (the source), as well as the article on Nintendo Inquirer (basically the same article, so they probably both took their info from a press release) both list the CD as being a 10-track disc.

Nothing like the Japanese official soundtrack, of course, but, at least the BDFF one was multiple discs in Japan (all sold separately, of course), thanks to REVO's involvement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1