• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Qualidea Code TV Anime Casts Aoi Yūki, Ayaka Fukuhara

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
The premise reeks of teenage fantasy that we have probably seen millions of times, but hopefully the execution is good.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
You know I might have been interested in something like this 5 years ago but now it just sounds cliche as hell. I still have no idea why A-1 Pictures seems to insist on pumping out at least one of these a season with at least a couple other studios following suit. Even with the popular names and tons of promotion strategy and the way things are in Japan now with the otaku scene I just have a hard time figuring this will be a smash success barring some other marketing strategy that has nothing to do with the quality of the show. Just way way too much similar kind of stuff and it doesn't look so hot in the trailer.

I really just want this marriage of anime and light novels too stop already, it's just clear that the light novel scene especially has reached a total creative impasse and it's dragging the anime scene down with it by the season.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this, as I did enjoy the anime adaptions of the LNs these people have written (especially SNAFU). The thing I'm thinking about this anime is that, by its end, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no conclusion.

One would assume that, with so many people involved in this series, they are expecting it to become a property that will be around for a long while.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
huh the only character that im interested in is that cynical and realist character.

wonder what this says of my personality lol?

i suppose if its well written it'll be interesting but im not getting my hopes up
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1