• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Myriad Colors Phantom World

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quaton

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
#844903 wrote:
The first LN volume got an honorable mention at the 4th KyoAni Awards. The same award is given to Chuunibyou, Kyoukai no Kanata, and Free.

Free didn't get an honorable mention, High Speed did. The former is just a derivative work of the latter.
marichan99

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
There is going to be a plot twist. I'm pretty sure Kyoani is planning a season 2 for this. I don't know much about the light novels but I do know that Vol. 2 is really different from Vol. 1 and it takes place in a whole new setting and it's a huge twist. So if Kyoani is planning to animate that, I think it's worth looking forward to.
The problem is that this season covered only Volume 1 and plus had so many filler episodes. I felt like it would've been better if Kyoani had just introduced the plot twist/vol 2 around episode 7 or 8 but I guess they didn't want to rush things and wanted a whole new start for a potential Season 2? It's just that I feel like because they dragged out the anime, they already lost quite a few regular Kyoani viewers...

I kinda just want a Season 3 of Haruhi already. Maybe they aren't doing it because of the issues Aya Hirano had? Idk...
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:17 pm Reply with quote
On Haruhi season 3, I personally found this an interesting read: https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/the-reasoning-behind-a-lack-of-haruhi-s3/
Can't say they're right, but I do wonder if some of that is why we may never see more Haruhi anime.

On topic, while I enjoyed the characters in Phantom World, I was disappointed by the ending. I do hope for a 2nd season, as I want to see more of Mai and co, but I can't say that the way they wrapped up the series is why I want to see more.

Personally, I enjoyed the "monster of the week" formula they used over the final 2-parter they gave us. And, while some are saying that this is one of the worst KyoAni shows they've seen, I personally rate it higher than Eupho. Seeing as only one of them consisted of 13 episodes, where I didn't enjoy the first 8.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7