• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Anime's 3rd Season Visual Features Outer Senshi

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The anime will have a stage program at the AnimeJapan 2016 event on March 26. The stage program will announce more information on the third season, as well as a new project.

So they'll have another project related to Sailor Moon? Sounds like it might not be something anime related though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
Looks too marshmallowy for me. I loved the 1st Crystal's designs that imitated Takeuchi's beautiful sharp designs.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Looks too marshmallowy for me. I loved the 1st Crystal's designs that imitated Takeuchi's beautiful sharp designs.

They haven't been doing a good job imitating her style in the first place so I welcome the 'marshmallowy'-ness. Hope it turns out well.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
I wonder when Viz is going to dub the first two seasons of Sailor Moon Crystal hopefully after they are all finished with the original version when ever that might be. Rolling Eyes
Animechic420

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I wonder when Viz is going to dub the first two seasons of Sailor Moon Crystal hopefully after they are all finished with the original version when ever that might be. Rolling Eyes

They are/did. I watched some SMC episodes dubbed already. Not bad so far.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:27 am Reply with quote
Well, there it is, I don't mind it with the art, at least it shows some things to be surprised.

Also, yes SMC has been dubbed for a while, 12 eps. have already been up in English lately.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:36 am Reply with quote
^
My mistake I haven't been keeping up with Viz as of late since the only show I watch from them is Naruto Shippuden. Anime smile + sweatdrop
Haterater

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:33 am Reply with quote
After seeing it in better quality, I like the designs. Mix of the old one and a new design, so overall okay with that. Just have to see it animated to be sure of it.

Makes me think the secret project might be a new musical that might tie in with a future season.
Billy Toplady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Chibiusa looks like a tsundere moe with that expression.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:59 am Reply with quote
I certainly like these designs better than the previous ones, but I'll wait to pass judgment until we see how they translate to animation. I do note that Mars's arm is, as usual, in a horribly unnatural position. I do wonder if the people in charge hate her or something, she's gottent the worst treatment of all the senshi in terms of getting drawn in terrible poses
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
I also like these designs better. Though I worried about the director *uninekocough*
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
I think the character designs are much improved from the first two sagas. Most of the image is pretty lovely to look at, however something tells me the picture didn't turn out nearly as badass as the artist wanted...
Togame

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
Better not screw up the casting for Hotaru. Heads will roll!
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:37 am Reply with quote
Haterater wrote:
Makes me think the secret project might be a new musical that might tie in with a future season.

I think so too and if that's the case then I assume this will have new actresses since IIRC, Un Nouveau Voyage was promoted as the final event for most of the previous cast.

grooven wrote:
I also like these designs better. Though I worried about the director *uninekocough*

Is there anything other than Umineko that she did badly with? Haven't watched any of her shows myself but I do plan to watch Higurashi in a few months.
rainbowrabbit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:48 am Reply with quote
There's a second image that gives an even better idea as to what they'll look like. I'm not 100% sold on the new art style. But it might look better in the actual product. So I'll try reserving judgment until then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3