• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia (TV) (all seasons + movies).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Good episode, got everything I had expected especially the training montage with great usage of the OST and Deku/All Might chemistry.

Seems like pacing will pick up a bit here with more characters introduced and an exam session next week. Should be fun. Deku's face was so priceless this episode as well in particular that part when All Might offered a part of his "DNA" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:35 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

They are really building up to any scene that might show him with some power, makes me worry if it will work, but that also means I could be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't fail. He did work hard.

Whenever I hear his name I cannot help but think of the plant creatures from Legend of Zelda.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3, it is TIME FOR A TRAINING MONTAGE!
Nothing says "beating the odds" like an endlessly moving heavy garbage.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Nothing says "beating the odds" like an endlessly moving heavy garbage.

Well it is better than the general destruction or slicing up of things with swords than we usually get. In this day and age restoring a beach is actually pretty heroic.

Unexpectedly the character of All Might is being played straight. He is capable of joking but not about his core purpose which seems pure. He and the whole anime looks like it shouldn't take itself seriously but on this topic it actually does.

This could be a hit on par with Kill-la-Kill.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Nice episode. I wasn't impressed at first by Deku's performance but he managed to earn my respect with his courage later during the exams.

Grats to him on passing as well. I really like how much effort the studio (Bones) is pouring their budget into the animation for the episode this episode. And oh, I think All Might looks fabulous wearing a suit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:42 am Reply with quote
There's an applicant named Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. Very Happy Methinks somebody's overcompensating...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
Definitely could see that actually helping people would secretly be part of the exam. Not just beat up bad guys but helping others with no expectation of getting anything out of it.

Figures that his power was so strong with initial use that it broke his own bones. He did take the enemy out with "one punch".

As corny and such All Might is, I really kind of like him for it.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
A fitting episode for Deku. It's not always about points or getting the best score in tests and that should have been obvious to anyone who saw episode 2 and episode 3. Most tests rarely reflect real world results and I'm absolutely, positively happy this anime is doing so well with the story. I enjoyed this episode so much purely because Deku is the ideal hero struggling in reality but still doing the morally correct thing even against his best interests.

8 more episodes but I hope we get more eventually. I'd love to see Deku and Uraraka hit it off and become high school sweethearts. Very Happy They'd make a great pair.

And seeing Tenya Iida in that tight muscle suit is a huge plus either way. LOL Twisted Evil This should last me until next season when we get more ikemen or muscular bishounen. Twisted Evil

Edit: The OST. :< SO GOOD AND TIMED SO WELL!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Good episode, glad to see some of the powers from the other characters. They're going at a steady pace too for the adaptation so far. My favorite one so far is still Bakugo though. The guy may be a jerk but his quirk is badass:

Can't wait for the OST to come out. It goes pretty well during the test scenes this episode.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
Character oddly grabbing my attention is the frog girl. She was a character I had seen before.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I guess what I am liking about this anime so much is that it has such quirky (pun) characters with such over-the-top personalities and character designs but they still play the story straight. Most unusual.

Aizawa seems to follow in that mode. It looked like he was just being a typical dick to Midoriya but in spite of his outward attitude he is actually concerned for him and teaching something real.

I wonder which student gets thrown out?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I wonder which student gets thrown out?

Did he say it would be the one that performed worse overall, or was he saying it would be if a student came last in all the challenges? Almost like he was particularly targeting Deku that he would expectedly fail in all but one where he would get himself hurt and would be reason to get him expelled and set an example.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:58 pm Reply with quote
So if this is following the manga, next week should be spoiler[Izuku vs Bakugo], right? I really wanna see how they animate that part.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did he say it would be the one that performed worse overall, or was he saying it would be if a student came last in all the challenges? Almost like he was particularly targeting Deku that he would expectedly fail in all but one where he would get himself hurt and would be reason to get him expelled and set an example.

I thought it was the latter, but since he beat Uraraka's 50 m dash time by 0.13 seconds, he should have been safe from the first event on, without ever using his Quirk. So I feel like there was something in his criteria that didn't get translated or failed to come across, like he meant everyone would have to use their Quirk at least once, or something else I missed. I dunno.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:18 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

I thought it was the latter, but since he beat Uraraka's 50 m dash time by 0.13 seconds, he should have been safe from the first event on, without ever using his Quirk. So I feel like there was something in his criteria that didn't get translated or failed to come across, like he meant everyone would have to use their Quirk at least once, or something else I missed. I dunno.

The criteria is whoever performs worse overall. Perhaps because I've read the manga, I wasn't paying super close attention to the subtitles (I tend to pay more attention to the Japanese), so I don't really remember how clear the translation was there...But that is the criteria being used.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6