• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Lost Village (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
That poor bus sure got a workout.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

What to say about The Lost Village? It was a mystery, an in that way was hard to see what would happen, and kind of in doing so steered a different direction to the expected. No one even died, upon learning the truth it became easy for many of the characters to leave in an almost no resolution way, although for a few of the characters they literally did not have the resolution yet, and so stayed behind. We got explanation, a resolution, but not one that would feel like we wanted, more of in a way that was only of worth to the characters. In a way I kind of respect the giving us an explanation, but not an explanation of everyone's problems, leaving us the chance to piece together bits of information to figure out the rest.

It was not all for the best though, I think. Many would find it unsatisfactory, although the more I think about it the more I think that the other stuff was not really needed. I enjoyed some tense moments of atmosphere, I liked a lot of the character writing and found it interesting to try and piece the parts of characters together, I think that it was one of the successes. It might have been said lethargically, but in the end a core theme was that lots of people have hard times, people can come across as bad guys, but to a level they are just people. I liked Masaki as a character even if many may think otherwise.

I give it a rating of Decent (6/10), I did not lose my time watching this. I think that looked nice, and sounded nice. I even liked how melancholic the ED was while I would normally think that I would not for this type of show. I can say that I was surprised.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6