• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Maybe I have Naruto on the brain, but I think Hime-sama was actually the ET, and was visiting Earth in sort of a Kagara way, and she was the one who betrayed Efidolg by siding with the humans. In the first episode, she asks where the river goes and what's beyond it, and if she grew up there, she'd already know that. It's like they're giving her a tour of the place.

Obviously I agree with you DP. Wink

I didn't quite understand how things worked out like they did at the end. Kennosuke crashed through to the women's side with his sword. Then Yukina left to get her phone to call for help, leaving Kennosuke and the agents with Hime-chan. It was a quick to-and-back turnaround (and you can still see Ken and the agents with Hime outside in the bkg), but when she comes back (the agents are still there), she sees the mech, screams, and Kennosuke runs through the building to the women's side (that he was already on) with his sword, in time to see Yukina taken away. When he hears her scream, he still seems to be with the agents and Hime-chan. So basically, this continuity makes no sense at all.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
I was having trouble too. But the way I understood it was that there were 2 sets of at least 2 agents each. Yukina is on the womens side with Hime, Ken and the agents that are checking that situation out. Yukina then moves to the changing room, fixes her towel up, grabs her phone, and I guess moves to the entrance of the hot spring, where two more agents are standing guard watch out front. Apparently Yukina thinks that this is the optimum place to call her friend while in a towel, I guess she considered that these guys are too professional, she would rather call quickly without needing to get dressed and she felt that she should walk away from the line of sight of the scene with the Hime. At that point a cactus (I think that is what that mech type is called) somehow sneaks up on Yukina and the two agents that are supposed to be standing guard, Yukina screams and by the time Ken gets through the changing room to the entrance Yukina was already being abducted.

Also noticed that the towel Yukina has was the one she called her favourite, and which Ken had tried to turn into underwear.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
You're right, thanks. I did notice that some shots had no banners hanging, but it made so little sense for her to go out front that I figured something was off with those. Cause they don't need the sorting curtains on the springs side of the building, duh. Rolling Eyes Very Happy
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
It looks like Ken's Yukihime may have ended up with two lineages, one that returned to Earth which eventually leads to Yukina and one that ended up working with the Efidolg.

The story room part is pretty amusing as Kuromukuro itself is a huge blend of multiple elements, giant robots, aliens, time lost Samurai, "lost love", a slice of life scenario, the best part is that it is a great character moment in of itself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18

Cool little breather episode. After all the drama and fighting, I guess one could work out for a break.

Ouma's cooking skills surprised me, I never knew he was the type that can make good food. Looks like Yukina got kidnapped at the end. I wonder how Ouma plans to save her?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Apparently Yukina thinks that this is the optimum place to call her friend while in a towel, I guess she considered that these guys are too professional, she would rather call quickly without needing to get dressed and she felt that she should walk away from the line of sight of the scene with the Hime.

She was trying to get a signal on her phone. She didn't have one inside the changing room.

FenixFiesta wrote:
The story room part is pretty amusing as Kuromukuro itself is a huge blend of multiple elements, giant robots, aliens, time lost Samurai, "lost love", a slice of life scenario, the best part is that it is a great character moment in of itself.

It sounded like something out of a planning meeting for Kuromukuro. Just swap "mecha" for "sports" and you're reasonably accurate to the series.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:47 am Reply with quote
GrayArchon wrote:
She was trying to get a signal on her phone. She didn't have one inside the changing room.

Then why walk all the way through the building to go outside instead of just turning around and taking 5 steps back outside? Does water also interfere with reception?
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
GrayArchon wrote:

Then why walk all the way through the building to go outside instead of just turning around and taking 5 steps back outside? Does water also interfere with reception?

It's a pretty small building. Going all the way through it is little different from going to the other side of a room. As for choosing to go out front, there are a few possible reasons. Going back into the hotspring may result in her being in the way, or being a distraction, especially if Muetta recovers enough to try something. Going out front instead keeps her safely out of the way. Towards the front is also the direction she was last known to have a signal. And if events took slightly longer than depicted, it's entirely possible that she did step into the hotsprings area, didn't have a signal there, then opted to go outside rather than wander around the hotspring attempting to get a signal while they were dealing with Muetta.

It's not like she expected to be long. Likely just a quick call to make sure Koharu, Mika, and the others were okay, see where they were, and let them know what was going on. A couple minutes of doing that, and then she could see about getting changed somewhere that she could be reasonably certain would not have people rushing through the changing area while she was trying to change. If the Cactus hadn't shown up, she probably would have been getting dressed within five minutes of encountering Muetta, while Ken was still standing around in a towel. A Cactus showing up looking to grab someone who looked just like her and make an immediate retreat into space was something she had no reason to expect.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 19

It feels like a lot happened in this episode, even if it was a transition between Yukina being captured and a means to get her. Yukina and Muetta have the exact same DNA, something that stumps even our resident mad scientist. Also, as much as team Ken and mum have the plan to break Muetta out to help pilot the black relic, mad scientist was putting in the plan to drug Muetta to help pilot it, and Sophie is discussing something with the Oni, making me wonder if they were all kind of considering the same plan.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:51 am Reply with quote
If they have the exact same DNA, why did Yukihime trigger the option to play the recording while Yukina never did? I went back to look at the first time she boarded, and while there was a row of kanji looking buttons, nothing flashing with "Push me" urgency like Yukihime got.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:12 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
If they have the exact same DNA, why did Yukihime trigger the option to play the recording while Yukina never did? I went back to look at the first time she boarded, and while there was a row of kanji looking buttons, nothing flashing with "Push me" urgency like Yukihime got.

Might have something to due with Yukihime already having nanomachines in her blood already, else there is a huge plot hole starting from ep 2.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:16 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I remember there was a flashing rectangle/symbol at one point. I think Yukina might have said "what's this?" but then was distracted by something. I also think that Yukina just doesn't know what everything does in the cockpit, whereas Hime is more knowledgeable with the technology.

It might have been interesting and amusing to me if Yukina's mom also had the same DNA and had been the one to get into relic. But I guess we need to resolve Hime's backstory.

As a plus there's less of Ken shouting "Hime!" this and "Hime!" that all the time. It was starting to grate on me.

It feels like the show is starting to maybe ramp up for the final push, which is good because for me there's been too much foot dragging at times.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Might have something to due with Yukihime already having nanomachines in her blood already, else there is a huge plot hole starting from ep 2.

That makes even less sense, since she'd only need to give her descendant the message once when the nanos were installed. Just like Yukina wouldn't need to hear that message every time after she got in the cockpit, since the nanos are already on board Yukihime, the Relic should just assume it's Yukina suiting up for another battle.

Unless Yukina has been genetically cloned, exact match DNA is pretty far-fetched. Smile
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Yukihime didn't trigger it either. She wondered why the mech was moving for her, so she started tapping icons and looking through menus that Yukina's never touched to our knowledge. One of the menus had the flashing message button. If Yukina had been given enough chances to poke around the the mech, she probably would have found it as well.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Ok, I guess I missed her going through menus. But that still seems kinda silly. Who hides a "Welcome, do your best!" message like an easter egg? Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 11