• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kuromukuro (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Well that was an interesting episode this week.

From the conversation between Sofie and that mysterious Zeringer guy, it seems that he's fighting Efidolg for revenge. Would like to see more flashbacks about that. Action was alright. I guess Yukihime has no place to go but with Ouma now that Efidolg views her as a traitor.

Next episode should be interesting. Efidolg invasion with a mothership?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
ep 20
That was most enjoyable to watch Yukina attempt to rescue herself, she does get into trouble encountering a blood thirsty Mirasa and is somehow saved by hidden tech onboard the Efidolg base.

Yukina is certainly no soldier, but she can at least competently try to keep herself alive.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I agree it was great to see Yukina finally show her chops. Although the plot gag order on her telling anyone about the head on a platter she encountered really bugs me. At least she tried before the writers shut her up.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
Ep. 20

I'm probably the only one who feels this way, but Yukina crying and whining annoys the crap out of me. Its not quite on par with the annoyance I felt with Ken where for several episodes it felt his only dialogue was yelling "Yukihime!", but it still annoys. And in this episode he just magically teleported to block that attack against Yukina? Ugh. It would have been really cool if Yukina had actually been able to extradite herself out of that fight, then we could have talked about chops. My favorite part of the episode was the head spoiler[on the platter. Laughing It looks like they are reconstituting another version of Yukihime?] That was kind of fun, and to be fair in that case Yukina's freak out was totally understandable.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:54 am Reply with quote
I never said they were good chops. Smile But it was a vast improvement over her previous reactions to her trials, and I thought she did pretty good for a high school girl with next to no experience holding out against a trained soldier.

And while I'm not quite clear on where she got her little One Million Years B.C. outfit, she looked cute in it. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21;

So intense! My favorite episode so far from the show. Total invasion and the Earthlings are really the underdogs in this battle.

I really wonder the exact identity of that mysterious demon guy still though..
Poor Sebastian but I think he got his moment of glory. Going to miss him, RIP. I hope this motivates Sophie to get into the fight soon.

The part about clone revelation doesn't surprise me too much.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
ep 21
This is the episode that has been looming for a while, the all out attack by the Efidolg.

Every character is effected and scrambles just to survive.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:51 am Reply with quote
Not looking too good for the home team...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:25 am Reply with quote
Talking about the home team, I noticed around 18:13 that amongst the places that the pillars landed, one was a large building with a sign saying P.A.Works out the front. A quick google search finds that it was indeed based on the actual studio. Link to gallery of actual studio [url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/ziqgdy46ak8y840/2016-08-27%20(1).png?dl=0]screenshot[/url]

Things have certainly become quite grim, but I think that will only make the last part of this series more fun.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Ep 21

Well dam things went to hell really quick. With NetFlix sponsoring them I am wondering if this is going to have a clear end or if it is going do be a setup for season 3. Talk about blowing all my theories out of the water in one episode but that makes me happy.

Now just what will happen? They only have one GAUS, the Relic and Zeru's wing to actively fight back, but the GAUS needs to be recharged, rearmed and repaired. That just leaves Manetan and Naiyon but how will they get to them and will Sophie get to pilot Naiyon.

All I will say is the next 5 episodes are going to be a bumpy ride.
Cyberd1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Ep. 22

Not a cation packed episode but one the filled in a lot of the blanks. I still can't how they will have a satisfactory ending in only four more episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
The highlight of the latest episode imo is the chemistry between Yukina and Muetta. From strangers/enemies to perhaps friends, they sure got quite attached.

Also interesting to see more of background storytelling about Yukina's father from that demon guy's perspective.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Ep 22
Well THAT episode turned pretty dark in a hurry spoiler["we should be able to save all the hostages because they still need them for manual labor!" a few scenes later all the mind controlled victims are frozen to death @@!]

though there are not many episodes left, if the trend of the series has shown so far the staff should be able to bring the audience a satisfying conclusion (crosses fingers).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
They're probably flash frozen and can be reanimated. Smile I hope. >.>
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
It is okay, they somehow ended up in a hole.
(trying to reference the boys somehow avoiding the explosion)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 11