• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Big Order (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Quote:
All I'm saying is, Future Diary was bad and I don't expect much from this creator. As such, if this show finishes and ends up being good at all, I owe the mangaka a personal apology.

You are going to need to jump off the crazy train fast before it starts picking up speed, it can only get worst material wise as it is clearly an inferior attempt at Jojo like material.
louis6578

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
^

Well, I'm already skeptical. This doesn't really do much to make it worse.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I find this show to be rather strange now.

The storytelling feels messy with all the the motivations that keeps Eiji of becoming part of the Order people being that he wants to cure his sister. The comedy is even stranger with that ribbon girl and ending. Eh yeah, I know this is more of supernatural thriller but so far is more comedic than it appears to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Wait what...???? That end wtf
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

That is a weird turn. From simply touching she got pregnant from him touching her and is ready to give birth in minutes. What even happens from that? Is it actually a baby? Is it genetically his? Is he about to become an actual father regardless the usual things attached. If he willed it away to remove the sticky situation would it be pretty horrible? Not to mention things that happened in this episode were pretty horrible. Unlike I might expect though there is something childish about how horrible things get in this show rather than mature.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Hmm so after this week's episode, it seems like Eiji's abilities improved...

Rin's personality is so strange. One minute, she wants to kill Eiji but then the next minute says something along the line of 'don't die so easily'. Guess she's saving the kill for herself. For Eiji, I guess even if the world is against him, he still wants to make a world for his sister. The story just feels really messy at the moment....

And another strange Order User revealed. The characterization so far in this series has also been rather "meh" so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:38 pm Reply with quote
In the context of the narrative, Eiji is learning to utilize his own abilities and learning about the bizarre nuances of OTHER order user's abilities.

A situational horror to think about is that Rin had most of her body covered in the petrification, which means that most of her flesh had to be shredded off and she was forced to self reanimate.

So that teleporting guys power is VERY scary when one thinks about it.

That said, the show feels much more entertaining when it goes on the "bat shit crazy" path in place of an episode that can easily be followed as this one is.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 pm Reply with quote
I may be wrong, but don't nuclear bombs explode when they are above a target, not via impact? Which would mean the entire defence in this episode was gibberish as the bomb would simply explode when it got close. Would have made sense for some other defence, like at least if he could order the bomb not to explode when it approached and then have it destroyed.

I am still waiting to see if the baby thing is legit.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I may be wrong, but don't nuclear bombs explode when they are above a target, not via impact? Which would mean the entire defence in this episode was gibberish as the bomb would simply explode when it got close. Would have made sense for some other defence, like at least if he could order the bomb not to explode when it approached and then have it destroyed.

I am going to pretend it had something to due with Eiji using his order power to manipulate gravity which prevented the nukes from going off properly, otherwise the show would have ended with the nukes going off WAY out of reach.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 3:40 pm Reply with quote
So he can't control the nuke's velocity. . . but it was established that he could defy physics within his dominion. How does that work. . . or rather, how does his dominion work? Is it like a shadow?

After a somewhat decent first two episodes, the show has gotten somewhat "stupid" for me. The pregnancy thing had me laughing at the show and the background music hasn't spectacle'd me. So yeah, I wasn't too impressed and it's starting to feel a bit "ehhh" getting through episodes. I don't know, I'd rather the show maintain a more serious tone along the lines of the first two episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

....The episode was censored. I hope BDs will at least remove some of that mist.

Meanwhile, I had a hard time watching Rin and Eiji getting friendly one minute, and then next minute, Rin is trying to annihilate him. The revelation at the end is also weird...in fact, this entire show has so far been too weird. At this rate, I'm glad the show is only 10 episodes.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Ep 5
Eiji is kinda ignorant to what is mind control and what is a person's standard mode of operation, if Rin isn't under his order her default mode is kill Eiji with extreme prejudice, so wanting "Rin back to her senses" means that she would STILL want to kill Eiji unless he is dominating her will via Order.

This also makes sense to way the group of 10 are alright with pushing around Eiji, despite his Order's potency it is still being used by an otherwise ignorant teenager.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 4:31 am Reply with quote
He just had sex with his younger step-sister, right? The whole scene really seemed to imply it with wrapping legs around him and clothes on the ground. I kind of think that there is the chance she has her own power, like something to make him have to love her, which kind of feels fair in amount of being messed up with the other girl.

At this point just make the entire show F'ed up, like how you read that one doujin and continue reading it for messed up it gets. Too bad the whole baby thing was waved away.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 11:41 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
He just had sex with his younger step-sister, right? The whole scene really seemed to imply it with wrapping legs around him and clothes on the ground. I kind of think that there is the chance she has her own power, like something to make him have to love her, which kind of feels fair in amount of being messed up with the other girl.

At this point just make the entire show F'ed up, like how you read that one doujin and continue reading it for messed up it gets. Too bad the whole baby thing was waved away.

If the show is playing out the "Mirai Nikki" aspect, then the sister would probably be playing up the "dere dere" side of a Yuno Gasai expy, Rin was obviously the vengeance obsessed kill Eiji NOW side.

Toss in that Eiji might already be under his sister's Order... then that might make this show stupidly clever if that is even possible.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Eh, Eiji and Iyo has one of the most awkward relationship chemistry I've ever seen. The two just...I don't even know how to describe it.

Action was awkward as usual as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3