• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Russian Cosplayer Heads to the Slopes in Sailor Moon Bikini

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
I was going to make a mention that maybe her living in Russia accustoms her to the cold, like how I live in a hot dry place so anything below 70 degrees is sweater weather for us.

This does have some to do with it. I mean, I live in Maine and I usually start wearing shorts when we start getting consistent 50s, usually in April.

Many Russians believe in "tempering" where they quickly plunge their bodies, starting as babies, into holes cut out of frozen lakes. They believe being dunked into icy water helps them build up a tolerance to the cold. Seeing videos like this (and she's hardly the first to ski in a bikini) there might be something to it.

Probably should point out with all the talk of the reflective nature of snow and radiant heat that this was filmed after dark. Wink

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
Geez, how can she stand to be out in the cold wearing that? I felt a bit cold just looking at the thumbnail.

You get pretty hot after a while so she probably did a few trips then took of her clothes once she got hot enough that last for one trip down
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2