• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bakuon!! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Onsa actually would be a menace on the roads if they let her go out with those credentials. Although she is currently using training wheels, which I imagine would be an odd sight.
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:28 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Onsa actually would be a menace on the roads if they let her go out with those credentials. Although she is currently using training wheels, which I imagine would be an odd sight.

I think you mean Hijiri. But yeah, I agree.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Chisame's solo performance on stage was gold LOL. I think she's a regular character now too after seeing a bit of her past. Pretty sure the reason she also knows about the height of the seats is because she has a short height herself.

Also, is Raimu going to get along lines in this show?
I bet that fall must of hurt during her race...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:24 pm Reply with quote
What kind of high school lets a senior repeat -- 15 times?
Quote:
Also, is Raimu going to get along lines in this show
?
Syntax error.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
The truth is that Raimu died in that accident and is now haunting the school until...I dunno, the Principal finds a waifu? She gets kouhai she can leave her legacy to? One day someone will find her bleached bones in that ravine, which is why no one knows she's dead. Smile

I think "along" = "any." The answer is probably no. I'm wondering if we'll ever even see her face.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
The series focuses quite a bit on the Raimu thing despite it being clear that they just want her character to exist in the show. Raimu is actually Ghost rider, cursed into being an eternal Japanese high school girl.

I feel like there was a K-ON reference, at least with the mention of a light music club, and singing some song called Staple Potatoes, although I can't quite figure that out.
vonPeterhof

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:54 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I feel like there was a K-ON reference, at least with the mention of a light music club, and singing some song called Staple Potatoes, although I can't quite figure that out.
The song name is a play on one of the songs from K-On, whose name translates to "Rice Is the Side Dish*". The English translation also works in a bonus reference to another song from K-On, "My Love Is a Stapler" (not sure if this was intentional or not). Plus there are tons of additional references from the whole "attracting new club members" storyline to the name of the school.

*well, the Japanese word okazu literally means "side dish", but normally it refers to what we would call the main dish, like meat or fish, while what the Japanese call the "main dish" is either rice or bread. Since the Japanese use of "side dish" implies something that adds flavour to the meal, the title of the song essentially says that rice is the flavour.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:31 pm Reply with quote
I know, Raimu is actually a man! That's why we never see her face! Or hear her speak. And that's why she was always protecting the girls from being hit on. It all makes sense now! (°;°)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I have strangely seen Raimu compared to Hello Kitty. Big white head, no mouth, with just black for eyes, a big read ribbon, and an eternal young age.

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I know, Raimu is actually a man!

I was convinced of that way back in the open-air bath episode. Where have you been?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking more at the bikes than the girls. Why didn't you mention it?
Zork

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I know, Raimu is actually a man! That's why we never see her face! Or hear her speak. And that's why she was always protecting the girls from being hit on. It all makes sense now! (°;°)

If that's the case, then the guy has one heck of a set of "man-boobs" Embarassed Shocked Laughing
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:51 am Reply with quote
All part of his clever disguise. He doesn't ride a Ninja for nothing...
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Glad to see Chisame joining the team. Welcome aboard! Idc if she's short or whatever, there's a lot of potential about her as a biker. I think the bike club is off to a decent start so far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
"Kid Racers Pledge Revenge to Attractive Mothers." (tiny picture of winner Chisame in corner)

Clearly that magazine knows which side its bread is buttered on... Laughing

I assume Onsa was talking about Mick Doohan and not James. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7