• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chika Chika Idol Anime Project Launches Kickstarter Campaign

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
GEO9875 wrote:
DuchessBianca wrote:
Would be realky sweet if there was an English dub stretch goal, I'd certainly give a bit extra to help it reach that Anime smile
Me too, but I'll bet they will be lazy and not dub the actual songs ala love live dub... man that dub was such a disaster for doing that.

You are literally the only person I've seen with this point of view. Everyone else I know was praying that the songs would not be touched. And it doesn't have anything to do with being lazy. For dub companies it costs WAAAYYYY more to get the rights to songs, and songs don't sound nearly as good when they're translated. Since they'd own the rights to this, the money to dub the songs wouldn't be a problem, but there's still the fact that songs translate terribly.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:43 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:

You are literally the only person I've seen with this point of view. Everyone else I know was praying that the songs would not be touched. And it doesn't have anything to do with being lazy. For dub companies it costs WAAAYYYY more to get the rights to songs, and songs don't sound nearly as good when they're translated. Since they'd own the rights to this, the money to dub the songs wouldn't be a problem, but there's still the fact that songs translate terribly.

Last Alert for the Turboduo is a good lesson in not dubbing songs, it will make you cringe for life.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Randomfart wrote:
It's disgusting that there's an audience for this.

This is Japan. They have audiences for a lot of outrageous things. If these are high school girls, it would help if they could make them look older. I mean, as in looking like older teens the way some of the "Fairy Tail" girls are.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I wish well for this project. I cannot contribute due to circumstance.

However, looking at both the Japanese and Worldwide crowdfunding... Things don't look too good. I hope I'm wrong.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
The 2-D art looks cute, but I couldn't even watch more than a minute of the PV. Yeah, this isn't my thing. Good luck to them in their crowdsourcing endeavors on both sides of the world.
Fey Fey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:04 am Reply with quote
Is it just me or does anyone actually enjoy CG anime enough to pay for it? Even in the preview it showed a few wonky looking poses, mouths, and movements.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
DillMan wrote:
Every time I see something like this I am just like "why can't we have this exact same concept, but substitute in male characters". So inundated with cutesy girls, the boys get no love, makes me sad.

im@s is developing their male idol line more, mostly in game format, nowadays.

Shounen Hollywood, Bakumatsu Rock, Skip beat, high School Star Musical, are ones I can remember most easily.

and then there's the spinoff from the Pretty Rhythm franchise...Kings of Rhythm? King of Prism? I forget the name, but it was the one where all the guys were nude on the movie tickets. Show by Rock's rival music group are all male, though counting that would be a stretch.

There's quite a few in the pipeline, Ensemble Stars, Marginal#4, and I think I heard of others.

They're out there and picking up speed. But there surely is a large ratio in favor of females when it comes to idols. Too many too fast would also be bad. We don't need the genre flooding overboard from both ends of the gender pool. Seems male idols start out much stronger in the mobile game app area.
MrBonk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:05 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, I want this to succeed and want to help on principal alone.
But on the other, idols and done to death? 55$ for the physical disc for 15 minutes?

Oh man... Confused

I actually really like the CG. It's well animated too despite some of the lip flaps. It gets more hate than it deserves. It takes as much skill to animate 3D as it does 2D.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2