• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maiden Japan Licenses Den-noh Coil Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reanimator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
For Sakuga fans, Denno Coil is a must have title. Since it's produced with NHK money, I could recommend watching with parents.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:05 pm Reply with quote
I swear, this one is super tempting (as long as they don't price it too high) - but if they someone were to license Monster in some sort of "complete" release, I might just lose it for surprise licenses. Hayate the Combat Butler S1 Complete on BD, Higurashi on BD, Dennou Coil on BD, Legend of the Galactic Heroes.... my must own list keeps growing, and for once I couldn't be happier Smile

Now when is Discotek going to get around to releasing Kyousougiga...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I have heard about Den-noh Coil before, but I have never watched it. From the praise in this thread it sounds like a great anime. I hope there is a legal way for me to watch it before the disc release; I hope I can really like it.

And congrats to all the fans that have been waiting years for this release.

@relyat08

While you are at it, please order the Australian version of Monster. I have been waiting for a full N.A. release for a while. Wink

Macron One wrote:
At the time of its release, i believe it was the most expensive anime TV series ever produced on a cost-per-episode basis.

I thought that distinction belonged to Cowboy Bebop.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 pm Reply with quote
I've heard nothing but good things from the die-hard fans. Hopefully Dennou (Den-noh?) Coil will be on Hulu or Crunchyroll, I want to give the series a chance before I buy. Congrats for the fans!!
Bonham wrote:

I'd love to see the second season of Mushishi and Mouryou no Hako licensed, as well, but the time for the latter has probably passed.

When I asked an Aniplex con representative what where the home release plans for Season 2 of Mushi-shi, she gave me the typical "We currently have nothing to share at this moment" in other words "It didn't pull Monogatari levels of viewership so, f**k it". Razz
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty excellent. I've been putting off importing Dennou Coil, Higurashi 2 for awhile and I'm glad my patience has been rewarded. BD and a dub right out the gate? Fantastic. I think it should have wide appeal, so a dub is a good move imho. I'm ready to pre-order.

SpacemanHardy wrote:
What's next? Kaiba? Kemonozume?
I would love, love, love Kemonozume. I think it only got a DVD release in Japan, but I would be perfectly ok if I could only own it on DVD. Somebody get on that! Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It would be nice to see those 2007-2008 stragglers all picked up, tying back to that recent the List article about a bunch of mystery anime yet unlicensed that were mostly from those years. This one is was long-awaited license.

It won't be long before the only missing licenses are the likes of Macross and remastered BDs of old anime.
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
OH.

MY.

GOD.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

*faints*

*wakes up again* *rereads the announcement*

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

*faints again*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TG72

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:32 am Reply with quote
Cool Thank you S23/LM!!! After all this time, I would've been jumping up and down for a sub only release. But with a dub, and just in time for my birthday? I'm so giddy I'm almost hopeful for Mokke and Erin
relyat08

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

@relyat08

While you are at it, please order the Australian version of Monster. I have been waiting for a full N.A. release for a while. Wink

In the mail! Laughing

I'm really happy this thread is so active! And thrilled to see other people talking about Kemonozume and Kaiba too! My life will be complete on the day I can purchase an official US copy of either of those on Blu-ray.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:27 am Reply with quote
Nice. I watched some of this series, and it was pretty good, but I never got around to finishing it. Maybe I'll pick it up again.
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit.

What's next? Kaiba? Kemonozume?
I'm down for a Kemenozume release. Another one that I never got around to finishing, but i'd definitely finish if I owned it on dvd. Now we just need a Paranoia Agent re-release...as well as Millennium Actress.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
This is great news! Those early episodes manage to be both thought-provoking and adorable. Like many, I do prefer the first half to the second (near the end, I kept thinking: "Please...just give me one more lighthearted episode before it ends! Just one!") but what's there is still for the most part fantastic, and it totally deserved its Japan SF Award.

I wonder if Mitsuo Iso will ever direct another series? Looking at his entry in the encyclopedia, it looks like he did mainly key animation work for many years, exploded into the spotlight with "Dennou Coil"...and doesn't seem to have done much at all since then.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:27 am Reply with quote
Bout time. There's a handful of shows from that era that are head scratchers when you look at what type of shows get licensed and how they sit untouched. I'm still not sure what's going on with Real Drive. Sci-fi action from the creator of GitS and Production IG (I think it was IG... either them or Madhouse did RD) and it sits untouched for going on a decade now.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:24 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Wow, you've gotta be kidding me! I seriously must be the catalyst for all of this stuff. I literally just bought Dennou Coil from Siren two days ago. In any event, I'm okay with this. I have no problem double dipping for this amazing series. Especially since they're giving us a Blu-ray!! Very Happy
Now I can recommend this to people too!

If anyone wants to know what else to expect getting licensed soon, I also just bought Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy, so keep your ears open, they'll be licensed any day now. Laughing

I know, right? I'll keep my fingers crossed for Monster being sorted out too. Tatami is actually licensed by Funimation, I think. Last I checked, it was available for subtitled streaming on their platform. I want a stateside release of that show so bad, but I can understand why it hasn't gotten a dub--just like Monogatari, a translation nightmare.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:31 am Reply with quote
Never heard of this anime before but seems like many people are excited and since it's getting a dub I'll definitely look forward to buying it and checking it out Anime smile Since this seems like a miracle signing hopefully sentai/section 23 etc... will pick up Hyouka one day soon, such a shame that anime still isn't licensed. I dont really know the inner workings so I'm not sure if there's and actual legal reason or something why it's yet to be licensed at all.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm literally crying tears of joy now ;___;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4