• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pokémon Sun & Moon Unveiled for 3DS in Holiday 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:35 am Reply with quote
Nintendo decided they want all the money in the world now.
ETX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:47 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Яeverse wrote:
So I can move pkmn from xy to sun and moon? Is pkmn bank free?

IIRC, Pokemon Bank is $5 (or your local equivalent) per year.

You can transfer freely between X, Y, AlphaSapphire, and OmegaRuby. You can transfer TO the Pokemon Bank from Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow VC. No word on if you can transfer back, but I'd assume not.

There is currently no way of transferring from Gold, Silver, or Crystal, but you can transfer from Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen to any Generation 4 game. You can transfer from Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver to any Generation 5 game. And you can transfer from Black, White, Black 2, and White 2 to any Generation 6 game.

I suspect we'll get G/S/C VC release sometime soon, too, to make it so that any of the games can transfer up to any other game (even if it's VC and not the original carts).

Let me clear it up.

You'll be able to transfer your Pokemon from the digital Red/Blue/Yellow versions via Pokemon Bank, to Pokemon Sun/Moon ONLY once they're released. You won't be able to transfer to X/Y/OR/AS.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:

with all the stupid ass decisions they have been making in the last years,they are seriously needing it to stay relevant...
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:51 am Reply with quote
Hmm This still leaves a few things unanswered such as Zygarde's new forms, AZ's floette that knows the most powerful fairy attack "light of ruin", and Ash's greninja fusion =/

Regardless I'm still hyped for Pokemon S & M and I will most likely be picking up both this holiday season. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I guess this pretty much guarantees that Ash won't be winning the Kalos League.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
TheFullmetalOne wrote:
I guess this pretty much guarantees that Ash won't be winning the Kalos League.

Hmm maybe, but there is a silver lining to this announcement. Iris will not be making a cameo in XY&Z before it's over ^^.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
TheRahi00 wrote:

That's a bright and lunar way of looking at it. Smile
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Pokémon Sun and Moon, and the Pokémon Bank feature is cool (although the 5$/year isn't), loved the bit where they put in clips from the previous games as well Anime hyper , I guess we'll have to wait till E3 for some game footage though.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
AiddonValentine wrote:

with all the stupid ass decisions they have been making in the last years,they are seriously needing it to stay relevant...

Except the fact that making all the money the world is indeed possible for them then it's clear they're very relevant.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
So... does this mean I can pre-order Pokemon Moon this weekend at my local GameStop? Razz I doubt they'll have the pre-orders this early, but eh... I pre-ordered Story of Seasons about 6 months before it was finally released, so perhaps Pokemon Moon will be the same.
bs3311

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Why transfer pokemon from red/blue/green/yellow? They have insignificant stats compared to gen 3 and onward when stat points and EV's were doubled. That's another reason why gen 1&2 were not able to transfer to GBA despite hardware problems. So unless the pokemon get a stat buff to modern standards, then this isn't gonna go well. Plus competitive players will never use this feature besides pokedex filling because there is little to no control on knowing if your pokemon is perfect in stats.

And every new generation I'm always annoyed with newer pokemon. I was actually relieved that around 70 were made in Gen 6, yet enthusiasts were pissed off with that. WHY!? You see what happens with gen 5 for how many carbon copies of past pokemon and horrendous designs they made to replicate around 150 new monsters? Quality over quantity in gaming is more important.

Oh, and my journey on breeding the ultimate Eevee party continues. Though it ain't gonna pay off in competitive play, I'm not gonna bend over and make a inconsistent party of garchomps, a bulb plant and some mega evolved fish. Archetypes are superior and make more sense for a reason, jeez.
-_-
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I might actually be down for these new games if there are no new Pokemon. The Sun and Moon may be pertaining to Solrock and Lunatune. Hopefully....
Pokenatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:24 pm Reply with quote
As long as it turns out that the character customization is not a feature unique to XY and their eventual remakes (given their track record with new features in Pokémon games that isn't directly connected to battles, I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be), I'll be happy. Regardless, I'm going to pre-order as soon as I see a lovely pre-order bonus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shuusei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
but the real question is, will these be N3DS exclusives?
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Pokenatic wrote:
As long as it turns out that the character customization is not a feature unique to XY and their eventual remakes (given their track record with new features in Pokémon games that isn't directly connected to battles, I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be), I'll be happy. Regardless, I'm going to pre-order as soon as I see a lovely pre-order bonus.

Sadly, it seems that Game Freak wanted to keep character customization for XY.

In an interview with USGamer, they point out that they try to keep features in specific gens so that each game stands out on its own in some way. Kallos is about "beauty", which is why X/Y lets you customize your character.

It really would suck if I couldn't make my trainer in Sun/Moon dark skinned like me, though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4