• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Symphogear Anime Gets 4th Season

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Heck yeah, bring on season 4.

Season 3 did have some bumps and flaws, but not ones that they can't resolve and avoid going forward. They just need to look more towards season 2 for giving a variety of characters some development, while not making the episodes repetitive.

They did a lot right in season 3. Having the main cast getting stomped in the first few episodes from an enemy they couldn't handle was a change, Carol and the Autoscorers were entertaining opponents.

Bring on season 4, should be able to do a good job with it.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Sweet anther season but still know one will pick it up for the US
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sweet anther season but still know one will pick it up for the US

Well, there are only two ways of dubbing this:
1. Leaving the songs in Japanese. But that costs a lot of money to license and would break flow to switch languages.
2. Dubbing the songs. But since the songs are a major part of the series, anything less then perfect singing will have the fans screaming bloody murder.

So, they should release it sub-only. But even that is very expensive since it's a very big seller in Japan with very popular voices.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:09 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Well, there are only two ways of dubbing this:
1. Leaving the songs in Japanese. But that costs a lot of money to license and would break flow to switch languages.
2. Dubbing the songs. But since the songs are a major part of the series, anything less then perfect singing will have the fans screaming bloody murder.

Yeah, I don't see how they can dub this. It isn't just a song here and there. If you kept them, you would end up with a large portion of lines in each episode not in english. They also stop to talk some during the fights and pause the singing so there would be pretty rapid back and forth between japanese and english.

To dub the songs, they would need a large number of good singers. While it might be possible to find 2 or 3 VAs who can sing well, that could only maybe scrape by season 1. After that the number of girls just keeps increasing. There is also a matter of the songs. They would probably have to get their english lyrics approved, and they would need to actually sound decent.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I don't see Symphogear having its own English version any time soon. The work involving singing, music direction, and licensing costs would just be too much work in the long run.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
Given the announcement now, I wouldn't be surprised the fourth series arrives in October for a 13-episode run.

That seems a bit soon. Keep in mind the 3rd series was announced as greenlit in December 2013, but didn't premiere until July 2015:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-14/senki-zessho-symphogear-anime-gets-3rd-season

There is also the point that the 2nd and 3rd series were both summer premieres (while the original was a winter series).
lucio542

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
well
1º season 2011
2º season 2013
3º season 2015
certainly season 4º will be in 2017 .
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote
It depends on how busy the animation studio is going to be. The gap between all 3 seasons was due to other projects (Nobunaga the Fool, the AKB48 anime, M3 ect ect) and the studio being so small can only produce one to two shows per season most of the time. Since Macross Delta is airing next season odds are we won't get S4 till Winter or Spring 2016 at best.

Since Symphogear is their pet project and the team had been working on things near the end of s3 knowing it would get a s4. The planning stages should be at least finished by the end of the year if it's following how GX went.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I just got into the series and can't wait for more. I'd be up for an sub-only release.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Excellent news for an excellent show.
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Please call it Symphgear 7D's. Or GX7. GX4. GX6. Or G-Xros. Just make another Yu-Gi-Oh! reference.

Junk Fist, Stardust, the bridge with Osiris, the ZEXAL cross. I hope for improved versions of the IGNITED mode.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I know a guy that will definitely be glad that this is happening. He refers to himself as a 'Symphogear fanboy'. I did watch some of the first season and I found it interesting. So I'll have to catch up at some point.

A fourth season? I wonder if this will finish the series.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:35 pm Reply with quote
lucio542 wrote:

1º season 2011

It premiered on January 6, 2012.

I'll wager you are right about the 4th series not premiering until 2017, however. I would even bet it sticks with the summer season, as the 2nd and 3rd series did.
Uokel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Also, I demand that the auto-score dolls be brought back.

I fully agree with that we need more crazy
omiya

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:52 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

I think that the licensing mess is more to do with Johnny's acts or other music that wasn't for anime in the first place.

Nana Mizuki is on King Records which is specifically for anime and isn't owned by a western label.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2