• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rio - Rainbow Gate! Anime to Get English Dub

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I dont know how i feel that Media Blasters is still trying with anime. My last 2 DVD's from them were complete rubbish. Kanokon and Ladies versus Butlers didn't play on my DVD player it gets in a weird blue dvd source menu, only through PC im able to play it, yay?. And Ladies versus Butlers had 2 DISC3 coppies in it despite the cover of the disc saying DISC2.... Maybe its only with print on order releases. Even so they are a unprofessional bunch of idiots. What happend to the time they dubbed stuff like Twelve Kingdoms and more stuff like that? Ever since they stopped mass produce anime dubs their qaulity went downhill. I had to download both shows despite having them on DVD.... Rightstuf knows about this as well, they get alot complains. They overd a replacement but they cant promise they replacements will be of better quality since this thye know media blasters print on order are bad atm...
Zemnort

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 pm Reply with quote
It's great that they are doing this. It seems that MB are finally getting back on their feet after a few shaky years. It's a shame that they lost Bakuman, I do hope they can work with Viz Media to give them the rest of the dub audio as I believe they actually did around 26 episodes worth and it's one of my absolute favourite dubs of all time.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:
It's great that they are doing this. It seems that MB are finally getting back on their feet after a few shaky years. It's a shame that they lost Bakuman, I do hope they can work with Viz Media to give them the rest of the dub audio as I believe they actually did around 26 episodes worth and it's one of my absolute favourite dubs of all time.

They actually did an entire dub of Bakuman!? And the rest was never released!?

God, PLEASE let the rest of the dub be released by Viz or whoever!
MadHi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:

Can you link the source of this information?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
I didn't expect this,but this'll be interesting to see. I just hope it works out.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Will take more than an English dub to make me want to watch that puddle of mediocrity again.

Same here. It's sad that shows like this get one and other more deserving shows get shafted.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:29 pm Reply with quote
think on the positive side,guys:they are also bringing quality hentai like Kanojo x Kanojo x Kanojo and Fuzzy Lips,so,I'm okay with whatever they need to do to stay alive so they could bring more good uncensored hentai.
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't see this working out for them. It's going to cost a lot and I don't see them getting a return on their investment. The show is really old. Anyone who would have been interested in buying this has long forgotten about it.
GEO9875

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:51 pm Reply with quote
I would've never watch shows like Love live or this one if they weren't dubbed/getting dubbed, awesome seeing more and more options for us dub only fans.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see that one coming.

[antfish for undercover brother]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Ha ha ha yea besides give this curveball surprise it get a dub.

Got wonder is MB going for all in jackpot for rio rainbow dub version & wonder who they in it?
Red Fox of Fire

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Hypeathon wrote:
Funimation just announced yesterday their Kickstarter campaign for the Escaflowne Director's Cut dub. What are you even talking about?

What are you talking about? Escaflowne isn't the only good show out there, and it even has a dub already. I don't know what possessed you into thinking what you've said has anything to do with what I said.

There are a lot of good shows out there that don't get English dubs, but a few recent ones that remained sub-only include Love Lab, Sabagebu, Sakura Trick, and Inari Kon Kon. I still bought the first two because I liked them enough, but I ended up passing on the latter two.

None of those are from Media Blasters so their status has nothing to do with this, but it still baffles me that Rio - Rainbow Gate is considered to be worth dubbing and re-releasing.
Eztli_

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
^ I concur, they are many nice shows that don't get an english dub, especially from Sentai and Aniplex, despite those titles typically recieved a French dub or a Deutsch (German) dub.

For example: The Irregular at Magic High School have a Deutsch dub, but Aniplex ddin't release it with an English dub.

Nisekoi S1 had a French dub, albeit the second season will not have French dub, instead it will have an English dub (in France). So I guess that's something, somewhat...
aquadon1963

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:52 pm Reply with quote
DuchessBianca wrote:
Never heard of the series before but I hear dub and I'm sold! More unexpected dubs please Anime smile I don't care for Media Blasters DVD R practices but I did buy the ladies vs butlers bluray and was blown away by the quality both with the visual and dub quality considerin most of the cast is new talent. Will be buying this, Juden-chan and whatever other shows MB wants to give the BD/dub treatment Anime smile

(Yosuga no Sora next please MB -crosses fingers- )

I agree more dubs ...more dubs...
and with Funi doing the Kickstarter Escaflowne New dub,
Maybe Sentai will take the hint and Dub series like
To love ru / Hayate / Haikyu / Hidamari Sketch / Qwaser of Stigmata / Student councils Discretion /the rest of Fam Zero
/ Pet Girl and others
and just maybe Aniplex might do my greatest wish
Garden Of Sinners
More dub kickstarters woohoo
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:47 pm Reply with quote
When I saw the trailer for it at the start of my Ladies vs Butlers blu-ray, I was actually wondering if we would see a dub for this. I figured that since it already came out sub-only, the answer was, "No." However, Media Blasters doesn't have a huge catalog, so I can see where a dub and HD version would be enough to justify a re-release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3