• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach Manga Takes 1-Week Break Due To Author's Sudden Illness

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:08 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Very rare for Kubo to take a break versus all the breaks we get from Oda. Any point in time though we should be getting to the end of Bleach right? Right? Oh sorry that's just the villain having to explain how his powers work for the 1,390,486th time.

Yeah, because that never frequently happened in JoJo, One Piece, Dragon Ball *insert almost every single battle shounen ever* :v

Nice bait.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
Well I hope Kubo gets well soon and continues his work on finishing up Bleach and hopefully moves on to a new manga. Smile
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Hope Kubo gets better soon and is able to finish up.

I fell out of love with Bleach forever ago, which is a shame since it was the first manga I regularly read.

The Arrancar arc dragged on too long, the Fullbringer arc made me want to chuck my volumes out the nearest window, and while the current arc is better than that one, it's doing little to make me want to read a chapter as soon as it drops.
YamiWheeler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
The anime world needs to move on from mindless, depthless shonen garbage. I'm surprised people have stuck with the likes of BLEACH and Naruto for as long as they have/did; they're both far, far past their sell-by dates... they're putrid sludge by this point.
Desertking22

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
Get well Kubo, your series is indeed one of the top ones I look forward every week....that and One Piece. Take your time to finish it but don't take to long. Atleast you are not like George R.R. Martin.
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Bleach Manga Takes 1-Week Break Due To Author's Sudden Illness...

...and announces final 3 chapters when he gets back. Oh dear, please end Bleach, Kubo-sensei. Don't destroy the Soul Society Arc's legacy! People will remember Bleach as a tainted-and-dragged-to-the-limit title and will forget that it has one of the best arcs in the shounen category.

Too late
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:58 am Reply with quote
Best wishes to Kubo-sensei. He surely works hard enough to need the break.

I almost don't feel comfortable discussing the series on a post about his illness, but since I rarely ever see Bleach discussed by people other than those who obviously don't care about it anymore or actively dislike it for whatever reason, and it was literally asked if anyone does still like it here, I'll throw my hat in the ring of people who do.

As my ever so clever username that I made years ago may give away, Bleach is that one shonen series that struck hardest for me. I didn't care for One Piece as a teen (Though I enjoy and follow it now) and I fell off of Naruto, but Bleach has that special place in my heart and I still look forward to the next chapter weekly. I care about the characters that I've been following for over a decade and this arc is tieing up loose threads We've wondered about for years left and right, involving characters we haven't seen in forever spoiler[They brought back Ganju in recent chapters for goodness sake.] and every action has real weight to it.

I don't know, it just seems to me it is the popular opinion to hate bleach, even if the person going on about it isn't well informed and I just wanted to throw out a voice that fans still exist even if they aren't the loudest.

This is all my opinion, of course. Others who may hate Bleach, or feel indifferent to it are entitled to their opinions as well and I respect that.
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Not like we're missing much. I can tell you how the next chapter will most likely play out because the past few fights in this snail of a final arc have been almost the same thing again and again.

spoiler[Urahara activates his bankai which conveniently has a way to counteract Nak Laa Varr's overly-convoluted lethal dose.
Then when you think Urahara has the upper hand, Nak La Varr reveals another overly-convoluted lethal dose power-up that gives him the edge yet again.
But just when you think there's no way Urahara can make a comeback, that's exactly what happens when some unexplained or poorly telegraphed trump card comes in to give him the win.]

Hopefully after he gets well, Kubo can wrap up Bleach with a somewhat satisfying conclusion this year, and put his true talents to work as a fashion designer.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:41 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
dark13 wrote:
Illness......Right >_> seriously tho who is buying this now ? how many times Has he played that card since this Final arc Begin ? note I don't really care about bleach that much anymore ( but its something I notice from this man.) Now I'm waiting for crazy bleach fans to write a wall of text to tell me why I'm wrong Cool

You are either a really bad troll, or a very uninformed individual (maybe both). Kubo almost never take any breaks (that would be Togashi only), most of the people who do many hiatuses on a magazine like Jump just gets cancelled sometime later.

PS:
Also, for everyone saying Bleach is going downhill, besides the arc being at the same glacial pacing as always, it actually explained almost all plot-holes (I would just exclude some asspulls here and there since the very beggining) we had so far, using some pretty awesome foreshadowing from early chapters.

You should just marathon this last arc and see what am I talking about, it's actually really similar (in the best way of saying that) with the storytelling and overall development of Soul Society arc (the fan favorite arc).

The hype is building up as a rollercoaster (sometimes we get build up, sometimes we get epicness, and so goes on), but it's for sure enough to maintain the sales above 500k-700k per volume in Japan by the end of the year.

Not a huge Bleach fan myself, but saying it's going downhill is bullshit (and only makes me think if people actually are paying attention on this newest arc... Or even reading it at all, before discussing the series in the forums just like in here).

I like you please stay
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Best line I saw: "I guess Kubo finally read his own writing."
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:
Best line I saw: "I guess Kubo finally read his own writing."
you guys have got to get your mind out of the Fullbring arc Rolling Eyes
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Danny123100 wrote:
Is anyone even the slightest bit upset by this news? I mean, Bleach has just been on a decline. I personally haven't seen anybody who's first thought is "Oh yes! A new Bleach chapter has come out." Usually just, "Oh...a new Bleach chapter is out. Well...I made it this far. May as well keep reading." I mean, it's great if people are still super excited for a new Bleach chapter to come out, but the fact a new chapter didn't come out or that it's taking a break really doesn't phase me like it does other series.
someone has not read the current Urahara fight, there's some people who are enjoying it right, even some of people who usually bitch about a manga they read for free on the internet
Somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I loathe that a percentage of my WSJ subscription goes toward Bleach.
danpmss

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Danny123100 wrote:
Is anyone even the slightest bit upset by this news? I mean, Bleach has just been on a decline. I personally haven't seen anybody who's first thought is "Oh yes! A new Bleach chapter has come out." Usually just, "Oh...a new Bleach chapter is out. Well...I made it this far. May as well keep reading." I mean, it's great if people are still super excited for a new Bleach chapter to come out, but the fact a new chapter didn't come out or that it's taking a break really doesn't phase me like it does other series.
someone has not read the current Urahara fight, there's some people who are enjoying it right, even some of people who usually bitch about a manga they read for free on the internet

I personally am finding most of the new fights to be more entertaining than many others we got in the Arrancar arc (and just reminding that the Arrancars were quite more charismatic than the new enemies).

Fights on Bleach are exactly like JoJo, in terms of formula (which I find to be a main influence in the work), and while many can get upset with that, I just roll with it without problems, unless we get a deus ex machina (see first fights for both Chad and Inoue for example). One Piece is VERY formulaic with each arc, even if some of the fights on them are not as predictable as Bleach's, for example, and that doesn't make the series any less great that it is.

Bleach have tons of characters, and most of them always have a "hidden trump" behind their power (and that kind of thing is even foreshadowed during many instances, in especial when the characters are shown training just before), and that's not an asspull (unless we are calling the said hidden tricks bullshit for a very specific reason that doesn't make any sense).

You want real asspulls, see any main fight in Fairy Tail after the first couple of arcs (in special Erza's... That shit on Tartarus arc is one of the best examples you will get).
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Somewhere wrote:
I loathe that a percentage of my WSJ subscription goes toward Bleach.
it could be worse, some of the percentage used to also go to Naruto which became a very convoluted mess when it became about saving whiny little Sauske
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5