• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Part 2 (Blu-Ray)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:
I would also think the sloppy areas of the 2nd half of Zeta would have been better received if they had been addressed better by the first half of ZZ Gundam. Problem is ZZ Gundam dumped as much of Zeta as it could as soon as possible, save for Bright and the Zeta, and Argama.

You're the second person to say something about Z's reception. Where are you getting that exactly? Z is consistently voted second among gundam series. It has the highest tv ratings of any gundam series. It was received quite well.
Covnam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeesh, they still couldn't get the opening and ending? I would have thought that with sunrise working with rightstuf that wouldn't be an issue. Guess the music must belong to some 3rd party record company.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
Yeesh, they still couldn't get the opening and ending? I would have thought that with sunrise working with rightstuf that wouldn't be an issue. Guess the music must belong to some 3rd party record company.

Specifically, the OP/ED songs re-used music from pre-existing Neil Sedaka songs. Sunrise only licensed the Asian rights, hence why the Animax Asia broadcast included the original theme songs. Getting the North American rights would cost a LOT of money.
louis6578

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
A kickstarter to redub Escaflowne? Where's the Kickstarter to redub this!? It's in desperate need of one.
Desslok

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
I just finished up Gundam 0079 last night - never before seen the series despite being a life long anime fan - so my body is ready for Zeta. Although I might go watch Turn A Gundam first. Those DVDs have been sitting on my To Watch pile for far too long now.

I just have to figure out something to fill the hole in my life that Fist of the North Star will be leaving. I'm nearly done with that too![/quote]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2